Those are just the first two names that come to mind. There are several votes I could use to generate a list but it's honestly not worth my time. I'm just gonna keep posting in this topic every time I see something super crazy happen from the right, and we can see how long that list is by the end of the year. Maybe I'm wrong and these last few things are just flukes. We'll see.
shmibs wrote:

If we were allowed to have a public option(or even better, a fully integrated and steamlined universal system), we wouldn't even need a pre-existing condition clause, but noooooo that's a "sociofascist takeover!"

This was the plan, that clause was put in when there was still the public option, and the GOP saw it as useful for the big insurance companies so they took out the affordable insurance (public option) and left in the mandatory insurance clause. I agree with this clause but only insofar as it comes bundled with a public option. As it does not, I am opposed to it.
http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/17/nearly-20-percent-of-new-obamacare-waivers-are-gourmet-restaurants-nightclubs-fancy-hotels-in-nancy-pelosi%E2%80%99s-district/

The only thing I have to say is.. If Obamacare is supposed to be so amazing and fantastic and everyone should have it, why is it so many unions and businesses are pushing to get exemptions for it?

Watch and learn. Remember kids: when the conservative economists in congress agree with the economists teaching at liberal arts schools in hippy-capital VT, they're probably right.
Nothing with Paul Ryan in it is right, not even a little bit. He a liar and a fraud, and I will not waste my time on him. Even if the elderly could get private insurance(and they can't, seeing as they tend to DIE), do the math: his plan cuts the overall budget by next to nothing- he gives all those savings from the medicare and medicaid cuts right back to the rich! It's absolute insanity, and it saddens me greatly to see you so blinded by their propaganda.
DShiznit wrote:
He a liar and a fraud, and I will not waste my time on him.

Actually, those are the people who tell you that price controls work.

DShiznit wrote:
Even if the elderly could get private insurance

I don't know what kind of crack you're on, but that has nothing to do with his plan: handing out Medicare money directly to the elderly and asking them to handle the financial transactions is.

Quote:
do the math

No you: http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/economics/14-01-principles-of-microeconomics-fall-2007/
Ignorance is only an excuse for so long.

Quote:
his plan cuts the overall budget by next to nothing- he gives all those savings from the medicare and medicaid cuts right back to the rich!

For the record, he's cutting more Medicare from rich old people than from not-rich old people.
Have you really been this brainwashed? The main idea of this plan is health insurance! It TAKES AWAY the guaranteed healthcare seniors currently get, and gives them A VOUCHER INSTEAD. You CANNOT, NEVER HAVE, and NEVER WILL be able to get an old person insured. It is not profitable and no company is ever going to do it. Giving money to seniors to buy insurance is ass-backwards lunacy BECAUSE THAT INSURANCE DOES NOT AND WILL NEVER EXIST. Ryan's plan would literally send every senior in this country(who isn't a veteran or rich as f-ck) to their grave. End of story. Giving all those savings right back to the rich(by lowering the tax rate to a ridiculous all time low) is just an added insult to literal injury(and death). I can't believe you would want anything to do with this. It's absolutely monstrous. Jesus H Christ, GOP Inc. has you programmed better than the Cray 2...

There's a video out there, but I can't find it now, that actually does the math, and shows that this plan, as a result of the tax cuts, doesn't actually cut ANYTHING for 30 YEARS. It's insane! Even my once hardcore-conservative father has turned away from this disingenuous party. Why can't you?

EDIT- here's an article on it-
http://swerveleft.blogspot.com/2011/05/ryan-plan-robin-hood-for-rich.html

Quote:
Ryan's proposal enlarges the federal debt (as a result of accumulating deficits each year) by $8 trillion over the next 10 years and continues to generate deficits until 2040.

Anyone who thinks this is actually making any immediate cuts to the deficit at all is quite literally retarded.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110621/ts_yblog_thelookout/man-robs-bank-to-get-medical-care-in-jail
That's insane. I wish Obama had dealt with this years ago when we were actually having this debate. A universal system, or even a public option would have fixed this. But no. He had to make nice with a group of people that is never going to have any respect for him no matter what he does. He should have just pushed them to the side and given the people who voted for him what they wanted in the first place.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours