I have a Windows 7 64-bit computer. When i open the GCN client, it stays open for a split second and then closes. Help!!!
You have to run it from the command line. Open All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt, cd to the directory gcnclient.exe is in, and run gcnclient.exe.
souvik1997 wrote:
You have to run it from the command line. Open All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt, cd to the directory gcnclient.exe is in, and run gcnclient.exe.
Run it with the -h flag to see the different options. For Gossamer, for example, you need WebHub as the metahub name in addition to the other parameters.

Edit: You can also make a .bat file for simplicity, and just double-click that. Here's my gcnweb.bat:

Code:
gcnclient.exe -l KermDUSB -n WebHub -d d -v -r
pause
*bump* Please don't create a new topic for a followup question on the same topic. If you're using a USB cord, that's device type Direct USB. You can just use the syntax I posted here.
Oi, I made a batch file and it just gives me the "attempting to find calculator". It stays like that for forever!
mobutu4 wrote:
Oi, I made a batch file and it just gives me the "attempting to find calculator". It stays like that for forever!
What does your batch file look like? Are you sure the cable is plugged in, that the filter driver is installed for your calculator (your must do it AFTER you plug in your calculator but BEFORE you run the batch file), and that you're starting the gcnclient before you start Doors CS?
can i have the link to the filter driver?
Not certain, but is it in the readme?
mobutu4 wrote:
can i have the link to the filter driver?
Ah, I don't think it's included with Doors CS 7.2 Beta 2, but you can grab it from the gCnClient download for v1.0:

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/win/gcnclient.zip

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours