When in doubt, always do "[program].exe -h" where [program] is the program to get help. Alternatively, read the readme.
I found another bug, if you use run gossamer before gcnclient connects, but is executed then your calculator and will turn off, if you turn it on, you get a RAM clear (this is with Direct USB cable)
annoyingorange wrote:
I found another bug if you use run gossamer before gcnclient connects but is executed your calculator turns off turn it on then RAM clear (this is with Direct USB cable)
Could you please say that again, but with punctuation? It sounds like you're trying to say that the following steps cause a crash:

1) Run Gossamer 1.0
2) Start gCn Client
3) Crash

Correct?

Edit: Ah, based on your edit, it should be more like:

1) Run Gossamer 1.0 with no gCnClient running
2) Turn off calculator with [ON]
3) Turn calculator back on
4) Crash
No, I am sorry for bad punctuation.

Steps:
1]run gcnclient.exe
2]run gossamer 1.0 (before gcnclient opens USB connection
3]crash
annoyingorange wrote:
No, I am sorry for bad punctuation.

Steps:
1]run gcnclient.exe
2]run gossamer 1.0 (before gcnclient opens USB connection
3]crash
Whoa, that must take some ridiculously close timing! Very Happy I'll try to replicate the bug though. Does it happen every time you do that?
*bump* So other than that one bug report, no problems whatsoever? Really?
I have a problem. I have an apple computer, and I have no idea how to use Gossamer. Sad It does look really cool though! I just downloaded the program, and I have put the gossamer.8xp program onto my calculator, but I think I have do do something else. what would that something else be?
bspymaster wrote:
I have a problem. I have an apple computer, and I have no idea how to use Gossamer. Sad It does look really cool though! I just downloaded the program, and I have put the gossamer.8xp program onto my calculator, but I think I have do do something else. what would that something else be?

You have to run the gCn client program
Which unfortunately doesn't have direct USB support in the MacOS X client yet, just the Linux and Windows clients. I'm working with Elfprince to get the MacOS X client built; will you be willing to test when it's ready?
Great, mostly. Besides from the lack of redirects, I have the following: two bug reports (one about Gossamer, the other about WebHub), one improvement, and several feature suggestions/further ideas
Bugs: viewing the "about" or "help" screens reloads the current page
WebHub keeps dying. Probably my fault, but it does.
Improvement: scrolling is slow. Not intolerably, but the scrolling is far from quick.
Features: Button to stop loading the current page, and refresh to reload it.
Not a feature per se, but could we have the programs for the gCn Hub and WebHub so we can use Gossamer without having to connect through you? And it would save you some bandwidth.
Bug report: visiting "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat" (don't know why cats) got Gossamer stuck on the loading screen. Pressing [clear], killing gcnclient, and restarting both then resulted in failure to load the default page.
Great to know the web browser was publicly uploaded Smile Good job!
KermMartian wrote:
I'm working with Elfprince to get the MacOS X client built; will you be willing to test when it's ready?

I will be more than happy to test it! I'll just need a bit of help setting it up, as the instructions I read are slightly confusing. The only thing I think is kind of silly about the whole thing though is that you have to plug it directly into a computer to access the internet, thus making gossamer moot. Sad It's a good idea, though, and, in the future, someone who is good with hardware could create a Wi-Fi dongle specifically designed to interact with the calculator. You open a separate program (included in dongle package) on-calc and select a Wi-Fi network from a list and connect using that. Then, you access Gossamer, which will connect to the internet via the Wi-Fi network you selected. Probably unfeasible, I know, but I just wanted to get an idea out there. Very Happy
bspymaster wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I'm working with Elfprince to get the MacOS X client built; will you be willing to test when it's ready?

I will be more than happy to test it! I'll just need a bit of help setting it up, as the instructions I read are slightly confusing. The only thing I think is kind of silly about the whole thing though is that you have to plug it directly into a computer to access the internet, thus making gossamer moot. Sad It's a good idea, though, and, in the future, someone who is good with hardware could create a Wi-Fi dongle specifically designed to interact with the calculator. You open a separate program (included in dongle package) on-calc and select a Wi-Fi network from a list and connect using that. Then, you access Gossamer, which will connect to the internet via the Wi-Fi network you selected. Probably unfeasible, I know, but I just wanted to get an idea out there. Very Happy

Yes, that was my idea too, but I never said it because it is almost impossible(maybe not on the ti-nspire CX does that have Wifi?)
For many years I have had a wireless CALCnet dongle on my to-do list, fear not. It's not going to be WiFi, though; it might be ZigBee or something along those lines. Therefore, it will require some of your own building of hardware, but it will be fun and cool, I think. Nevertheless, it doesn't mean browsing the internet in class or something without building hardware.

Calcdude, thanks for the bug report, I'll see if I can replicate that.
Wait, so I could browse the internet when I am not at my computer, but I would need to make something like an arundio?
annoyingorange wrote:
Wait, so I could browse the internet when I am not at my computer, but I would need to make something like an arundio?
The word you're looking for is "Arduino", and sort of, but not quite. A ZigBee is a wireless transceiver with a basic microcontroller on board, which just might have enough processing power to transmit and negotiate the state of the clock and data lines of the calculator's serial port in realtime. Making calcNET wireless would basically mean adding a ZigBee (or whatever wireless solution I choose) to the hub, which is either a simple interconnection of cables for a CALCnet hub, or the same plus an Arduino for calculator<>computer communication for a CALCnet hub with globalCALCnet support, and adding a ZigBee to each client calculator. This particular phase is somewhat far in the future as far as my projects list goes, but it's something to keep in mind.
2 bugs one) if a link is like [7
] it does not work and type in gcnhub.cemetech.net when not on it it will give you something else (kind of)
EDIT also ticalc files give garbage when you clickon info for a file
rehfcdsjc...ef.erf....ewf.cv....f6...rgf..dv.fd.v.fr.dv.fre.
1) It shouldn't be breaking the link numbers into [7(newline)] like that; I'll look into it.
2) I think that You may be clicking on the download link rather than the info link. Smile I tried a few info links and had no luck causing any problems.
My calc is possibly bricked!!!!!!!! I closedgossamer (accidentally) restarted gcnclient started to recieve page exited started and BAM it wont turn on

EDIT Battery pull gave me a ram clear NOT BRICKED Very Happy Thank you souvik

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours