http://ourl.ca/11494

Thought you might be interested to see that.
Just saw this. Although I must say I'm not surprised. Kerm has a habit of doing the impossible... In fact I would not be surprised if he was a god. o_O but THIS IS TOTALLY EPIC. Very Happy
Thanks Lionel, Parker, Shaun, Daniel, aeTIos and 0rca343, among everyone else. Smile Yes, I threw together the majority of the server and client software in a 24-hour period; now I'm in the long tail of small features that take a long time to write and debug. Daniel, thanks for sharing that link, and thanks to Qwerty for posting it. I'm annoyed at whoever was jealous enough to dislike the Gossamer video. Finally, yes, I'm considering good ways to handle zip files containing .8x* files.
Kerm, what about some web page coding guidelines to help us create websites that look good on Gossammer?

Oh it seems like I forgot to say that this is awesome.
ScoutDavid wrote:
Kerm, what about some web page coding guidelines to help us create websites that look good on Gossammer?

Oh it seems like I forgot to say that this is awesome.
Thanks! And there's a very simple test: if it looks nice when viewed in Lynx, it will probably look good when viewed in Gossamer.
awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome

Great work! Smile
Dumb.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Dumb.
Thanks nikky; I appreciate the implicit complement in you taking the time to comment in this thread. Sorunome, thanks to you as well, and thanks for subscribing to me on Youtube. Smile
Aw no image rendering yet. I was hoping to take this to rule34 in math class...
Kerm, one question: Is this quote from the omnimaga news article really true? Razz

Quote:
Early reports indicate that Gossamer already loads pages faster and with fewer errors than all versions of Internet explorer earlier than IE8.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Kerm, one question: Is this quote from the omnimaga news article really true? Razz

Quote:
Early reports indicate that Gossamer already loads pages faster and with fewer errors than all versions of Internet explorer earlier than IE8.
No, although the page loading time, while not speedy, is certainly respectable for a (say) 10KB to 20KB page over CALCnet. Of course, the size of pages you can view is limited by your free RAM.
That is really amazing, great work as always.
Wow! Very Happy This is just plain awesomesauce... as I've said on IRC, you definitely are far, far ahead in the calculator to internet race!* Congratulations! Very Happy

What features are you planning to add? And is this all you will be updating for now?

Again, congrats on your success! I hope to see more from this in the future! Wink

* I've partnered up with another developer with similar interests, and we're throwing ideas back and forth at the moment - some exciting ones too! Wink Better propel ahead before we catch up! Very Happy
Qwerty.55 wrote:

Quote:

Don't trust anything from that site. It's hard to separate joke from truth.
This makes me want to write a file torrenter. Very Happy

Awesome job Kerm! Just curious, what does it identify itself as? Firefox? 0x5 good job!

Also, first time to use the epic mobile version.
Graphmastur: It identifies itself as "gCn/1.0 (TI Graphing Calculator; Doors CS 7; Lynx)".
Calcman: Cheers, you flatter me. Smile
Alberthrocks: Yup, only about nine years. Wink I have a few small features, but I'm more interested in getting it out sooner than trying to do a lot of complex things with form fields and images, two eventual goals.
Idea: Scroll by pages?
Idea: Make a new site for the calc like there are new sites for the mobile. Smile
Sorunome wrote:
Idea: Make a new site for the calc like there are new sites for the mobile. Smile
Well, it already loads http://www.cemetech.net/gcn/portal.html as the homepage, but that's a good idea. Smile The web clipper does a decent job, actually. Tanner, I am working on implementing that now, as well as a Help window.
I mean also webpages as wikipedia etc. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours