I'm having troubles logging in to cemetech from freebuild. It tells me that I'm not logged on when I click "Join Server" So I click "Cemetech Off" 'cause it's on, and It gives me a "ERROR: Nothing Attempted" then I type my username in the box, and push "Cemetech On" It then gives me thae same schnitzel, even though it says "Welcome seana11", "Logout", and "Cemetech Forums" Can I fix this? It was working before...
Clear your preferences, it seems like something is in an inconsistent state, but I'm not sure what (without a console log).
elfprince13 wrote:
Clear your preferences, it seems like something is in an inconsistent state, but I'm not sure what (without a console log).
I've seen that glitch as well. I think I remember clicking Cemetech Off, then Cemetech On, then logging in solved the problem.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
I've seen that glitch as well. I think I remember clicking Cemetech Off, then Cemetech On, then logging in solved the problem.

Same here. I hope you didn't store your Cemetech password along with your login in that last release. Even if it's hashed, someone could decipher it and then have moderator access to the forum.
It's possible an old session of mine was stored (but not a password). Just to be on the safe side, I can have Kerm flush my sessions from the database.
elfprince13 wrote:
It's possible an old session of mine was stored (but not a password). Just to be on the safe side, I can have Kerm flush my sessions from the database.
Already done. Smile I remember a similar problem with certain keybindings being stored in the SVN release that caused problems for me. Anyway, I'm very excited for continued Freebuild progress!
KermMartian wrote:
Already done. Smile I remember a similar problem with certain keybindings being stored in the SVN release that caused problems for me. Anyway, I'm very excited for continued Freebuild progress!

Thanks.

Incidentally, the keybindings are stored separately now, and you should be able to load whatever saved set of keybindings you want at the push of a button
I wonder if I could write something client-sided into a mod that would allow me to flip people's key bindings with a command from my server? Nothing malicious or exploitative mind you, just a function to flip their key bindings to screw with them.
DShiznit wrote:
I wonder if I could write something client-sided into a mod that would allow me to flip people's key bindings with a command from my server? Nothing malicious or exploitative mind you, just a function to flip their key bindings to screw with them.

Do you know how to work with client commands? Something that would actually be appreciated is a way to transmit custom key bindings for new game modes from server->client with the client's permission (and suitable state to make sure the server can't bypass asking permission).
I deleted prefs.cf in client, and it works now!
seana11 wrote:
I deleted prefs.cf in client, and it works now!

Great! Have fun, and post some pictures of any cool builds! Feel free to post if you have questions about how to play!
How do I pick something up in freebuild? (Like a weapon)
seana11 wrote:
How do I pick something up in freebuild? (Like a weapon)

You run through it. Pressing i toggles the inventory mode between bricks and items. You should take a moment to look at the key bindings (under the options menu) and get a basic idea of what it can do.
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

Do you know how to work with client commands? Something that would actually be appreciated is a way to transmit custom key bindings for new game modes from server->client with the client's permission (and suitable state to make sure the server can't bypass asking permission).

I'll have to look into that.
Awesome =)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours