So Sarah Palin was asked the totally "gotcha" question of "What have you seen so far today, and what do you take away from it?" and said something really insanely stupid and flat wrong about Paul Revere(He warned them british they ain't gunna take er gunz!). Did her Republican supporters accept that she made a (very) stupid mistake, with maturity and humility? No, they decided to try to change history so her verbal diarrhea would appear to be historical fact. Then she went on the news and actually defended her very wrong inaccurate insanely false statement crying "gotcha questions" and claiming to "know my American History". How could a single person, much less thousands, get so brainwashed by someone as insanely stupid and crazy as this, that they actually try to change the written history everyone else has agreed on in order to preserve their immaculate flawless god-like view of them?
Unfortunately, consistent academic assholery from the Democratic side of things has made anti-academic candidates very attractive to a lot of Republicans.
It's quite sad that any popular politicians today could be considered "academic" in any real sense of the word.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
It's quite sad that any popular politicians today could be considered "academic" in any real sense of the word.

The politicians don't have to be academic as long as there is an abundance of academics spewing politicized condescension. Hence so many popular anti-academic politicians.

And just to level the playing field a bit, who wants to take a look at Wassermann-Schulz?
Every political post by DShiznit:
blah blah blah Republicans are stupid
blah blah blah <logical fallacy>
blah blah blah I'm better than everyone
Keep in mind Palin is an idiot and represents only the braindead Republicans Razz I'd consider her more of a Tea Partyist than a Republican. I think that just about everyone now realizes her ineptness, even me (when she was running for vice president alongside McCain, I though she was rather okay. McCain would have been better off with someone else -- though its hard to say bad about her and leave Biden alone)
merthsoft wrote:
Every political post by DShiznit:
blah blah blah Republicans are stupid
blah blah blah <logical fallacy>
blah blah blah I'm better than everyone

I'm making a logical fallacy? Maybe you should hit yourself with a 2x4 to see if it'll knock the brainwashing out of You. Paul Revere didn't say anything to the British, he did not fire off warning shots, and he did not ring any bells.
Need we begin quoting all the stupid things the Democrats say on a daily basis?

It is a very amazing thing. Some of the stupidity that comes out of the left's mouth never gets criticized, but as soon as someone from the right says something that most of us intelligent people cringe at, suddenly it is headline news.

You need to stop being so biased about who you are picking on, or stop posting these one sided attacks when there is nothing to gain from them. :/

Just to make sure both sides are getting it, let's look at all the wonderfully stupid things the DNC Chairwoman spewed out: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/new-dnc-chair-faults-gop-wanting-illegal
The DNC chair has nowhere near the same level of popularity and credence as Palin. She also has nothing remotely comparable to the large, raving, lunatic fanbase that Palin has, which is actually capable of attacking and trying to modify other websites she doesn't agree with. You're comparing apples to raisins. Show me one democrat as popular and powerful as Palin who has said anything this stupid. Even Biden doesn't f-ck up this badly. And even if he did, you wouldn't see thousands of left-wing zealots editing Wikipedia to make it retroactively true. It's purely an anti-intellectual thing, a refusal to acknowledge facts, and it's one of many things that pisses me off about this particular subset of Republicans.
It sounds like everyone's missing the obvious for the party lines: People in both parties are morons. Anyone disagree?
Qwerty.55 wrote:
It sounds like everyone's missing the obvious for the party lines: People in both parties are morons. Anyone disagree?
More importantly, everyone is stupid. I've met maybe 3 people in my entire life smart enough to speak about politics and religion. Everyone else knows nothing.
DShiznit wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
The DNC chair has nowhere near the same level of popularity and credence as Palin. She also has nothing remotely comparable to the large, raving, lunatic fanbase that Palin has, which is actually capable of attacking and trying to modify other websites she doesn't agree with. You're comparing apples to raisins. Show me one democrat as popular and powerful as Palin who has said anything this stupid. Even Biden doesn't f-ck up this badly. And even if he did, you wouldn't see thousands of left-wing zealots editing Wikipedia to make it retroactively true. It's purely an anti-intellectual thing, a refusal to acknowledge facts, and it's one of many things that pisses me off about this particular subset of Republicans.

Example? Who passes a healthcare bill that >60% of America didn't want? It certainly doesn't sound like Palin to me.

Palin may a moron with words, but the current administration is a bunch of morons who are singlehandedly putting us into a double dip recession. I think the palin thing is raisins compared to those watermelons.

blah blah blah I get it you're better than me since I'm more of the Republican flavor

But seriously, why must something this stupid and trivial have to be the center of news when we should be worrying what trillion dollar handouts Obama might be giving away with this diversion? Someone should go check in his office to see if he's ordering $1000 steaks for lunch using taxpayer money again. Too bad the press only picks on Republicans, with the exception for the scandal on Weiner's Weiner.
Qwerty.55 wrote:

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new.
elfprince13 wrote:
Qwerty.55 wrote:

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new.

I think that's a good resolution Very Happy
elfprince13 wrote:
Qwerty.55 wrote:

The huge difference none of you want to acknowledge, is that the stupidity on the right is in a much higher tier. Their Presidential Candidates are saying more idiotic things than even the democrats' stupidest campaign managers and chairmen. For God sake, Santorum just got done saying that our soldiers stormed the beaches on D-Day to fight Obamacare! I don't think I'm any better than any of you, to the contray, I think many of you may be much smarter than me. But I do know what is right and what is wrong, and the things Republican leaders are saying I believe to be wrong. If this was an isolated incident with a random unimportant wing-nut, I would be more than happy to completely ignore them. But it isn't. This is a leader saying something very stupid, and refusing to acknowledge her mistake, all the while having her minions make an actual effect on what we research on the internet.

Yes, there are people on both sides who are completely retarded. I whole-heartedly agree. That doesn't excuse that behavior when it comes from the most popular and powerful leaders from either side. When a democratic presidential hopeful with his/her own TV Show and rabid fanbase says something this stupid, I'll be happy to roast them like a summer ham. Until then, enough with the false equivalency.
DShiznit wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Qwerty.55 wrote:

The huge difference none of you want to acknowledge, is that the stupidity on the right is in a much higher tier. Their Presidential Candidates are saying more idiotic things than even the democrats' stupidest campaign managers and chairmen. For God sake, Santorum just got done saying that our soldiers stormed the beaches on D-Day to fight Obamacare! I don't think I'm any better than any of you, to the contray, I think many of you may be much smarter than me. But I do know what is right and what is wrong, and the things Republican leaders are saying I believe to be wrong. If this was an isolated incident with a random unimportant wing-nut, I would be more than happy to completely ignore them. But it isn't. This is a leader saying something very stupid, and refusing to acknowledge her mistake, all the while having her minions make an actual effect on what we research on the internet.

Yes, there are people on both sides who are completely retarded. I whole-heartedly agree. That doesn't excuse that behavior when it comes from the most popular and powerful leaders from either side. When a democratic presidential hopeful with his/her own TV Show and rabid fanbase says something this stupid, I'll be happy to roast them like a summer ham. Until then, enough with the false equivalency.

fine, I'll live with that retort Wink
Ashbad wrote:
Example? Who passes a healthcare bill that >60% of America didn't want? It certainly doesn't sound like Palin to me.

Who pulls numbers out of his/her ass? Answer: you.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ashbad wrote:

Pretty much anyone that attempts to make a statistic. :p
From what I've read, and I'd take these numbers with a grain of salt, when you actually break down those numbers, roughly %40 think it goes too far, while %20 think it doesn't go far enough. So assuming these numbers are anywhere near accurate, this is an issue on which you simply cannot please a majority no matter what you do. We're far too divided.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ashbad wrote:

Well, here's an article from a year ago saying almost 60% of people didn't want it: http://www.mediaite.com/online/almost-60-of-americans-oppose-health-care-bill-but-for-different-reasons/

Another poll that I saw before with tons of backing showed that even a year later, more and more people oppose the bill (I think the final result was ~62% of people hated it?). And it was done by liberal surveyors too -- that's pretty telling. I'll try to find that article later. But as DShiznit said, only 40% really hate it, the other ~22% most likely said "they slightly dislike it" or the like.

If I pulled that decently real of information out of my ass, I would probably be taking a dump for hours trying to post it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours