Hi,
I bought recently two 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters, because I wanted to make a calc net and be possible to hear music. Smile So, hearing music is fine (with mt3), but if I take two calcs and connect them with a normal stereo cable NetPong won't find the other one! :S Please help! Smile
Can you still send programs and apps from one calculator to the other by using the LINK menu?
no, and btw, i'm using ti 84+. Smile
Is the 2.5mm->3.5mm adapter going fully into the TI 84's link port?
Yep, i think so. If I hear music I hear on both sides, left and right, so it must.
EDIT: I now pressed again a lot onto the hubs, and now it works! thanks a lot! Smile
Sorunome wrote:
Yep, i think so. If I hear music I hear on both sides, left and right, so it must.
EDIT: I now pressed again a lot onto the hubs, and now it works! thanks a lot! Smile
If you're using the standard 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters with a TI-84+/SE, you usually need to shave down the plastic to make them go in all the way.
Yeah, I did that, on one thing unfortunately to much! :O but it still works. Smile I think TI made it that way so they earn more money coz you need to buy theirs. Smile Well, I thought of modifying the calc so that it has a 3.5mm output, but I won't coz then I couldn't use it anymore in "Abitur".
Sorunome wrote:
Yeah, I did that, on one thing unfortunately to much! :O but it still works. Smile I think TI made it that way so they earn more money coz you need to buy theirs. Smile Well, I thought of modifying the calc so that it has a 3.5mm output, but I won't coz then I couldn't use it anymore in "Abitur".
What's Abitur? And depending how comfortable you are with soldering and electronics, you could add a 3.5mm port in parallel with the 2.5mm port, but I wouldn't do it unless you're sure you wouldn't break your calculator.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours