Tag
You have a paint gun. When you shoot paint, it hits blocks. The blocks then change attributes. Each attribute will contribute in some way to finishing puzzles.

This game is part of the Spring Coding Competition, and is written in 6MHz Axe.

Controls
Fire paint: Directions determined by keys forming a circle around the XT0n key
Move: Arrow keys
Switch paint color: +/-
Pick up/put down objects: Enter
Quit: Clear

Screenshots

Bounce paint demo

Demo puzzle involving speed and bounce paints

Demonstrating objects, switches, and doors interacting with paints.

And...more difficult puzzles! Solution to this one is very cool, but I don't show it to avoid spoilers. Demonstrates new blood splatter and non-paintable tiles. (The goal is at the top left.)

Demonstrating movable walls.
Why, it's Portal 2 but without the portals! Looks like lots of fun to me.
Yes, that is where I got the idea from ^^ Hope I can turn something good out of this!
leafiness0 wrote:
Yes, that is where I got the idea from ^^ Hope I can turn something good out of this!
Nifty, best of luck. What's your schedule for yourself as far as the contest deadlines go? It looks like you're well on your way to having something complete.
I think the contest ends in a month or so. This was all hard-coded on the calculator from scratch, so really I'm lucky to have gotten so far ^^
Looks awesome, especially when you die Very Happy
leafiness0 wrote:
I think the contest ends in a month or so. This was all hard-coded on the calculator from scratch, so really I'm lucky to have gotten so far ^^
I think it's closer to a month and a half, but my question is when you plan to finish relative to the deadline so you make sure you have enough time for testing and debugging. Smile
I'm done with the engine as far as I"m concerned; if I think of anything, I can add it. Right now I'm putting a lot of effort on level design, since it's just as important as the engine ^^
I'll probably finish the game itself within 2-3 weeks, and then I'll focus on beta testing and packaging.
It's really great, I think there should be more friction for the blood though, it just never stops Razz

Very nice.
So basically I was rewriting my object routines to store objects into level data, and I was like, if I'm going to change my code anyways, why not make it even better?
Ladies and germs...I give you moving walls! The elevators of tomorrow!

Here's a cool little demo demonstrating some stuff I did with the new engine:

(Note that switches are still glitchy and the moving walls will look different from normal walls in the future.)
This was also a test to see how well it would run with a large number of objects.
This looks awesome! There's so much potential for awesome level designs with this!
Goin' the whole hog with ripoffs ^^

Portal ripoffs or not, those are some amazingly-programmed physics! Many props to you, good sir.

More advanced platforming heah

Also boxes finally get crushed properly heh ^^
The screen shake when those columns come down is an awesome touch, very nice. And I don't think I complemented you on your main menu yet. Smile
While I figure out how to get this storyline working, here's the page where everything will eventually be posted! Check back when the contest's over for goodies like walkthroughs and possibly cool developer stuff.
Great site! If I didn't already say it yet, I hope this game is going to wander into the Cemetech archives when you finish it. Smile

Changed how speed paint looks.
Okay, Tag has been submitted to the contest! Wish me luck, guys ^^
Good luck! I look forward to playing this once it's released!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours