That would also explain why the linker script at http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fxsdk/wiki/UsingGCC does not use binary output and instead uses elf output and then uses objcopy to make the binary.
Ah, that makes sense to me, as far as I understand your explanation of the problem and possible solution. Thanks very much for helping out with all the facets of this, Tari; please let me know if there's anything I can do to help advance the solution.
Keeping this thread up-to-date as well, I cleared up the issue, which turned out to be some idiocy on my part, as I had somehow decided the AT> directive sets the VMA of a section rather than the LMA, despite the documentation being very clear about it.

See the HOWTO thread for the discussion of that update. Same download link as given at the beginning of this thread, so you already have it as long as you downloaded it recently.
Excellent, this is going to deserve a new news post soon, as I said. Do you (and/or Jonimus) mind if I link straight to Jonimus' domain, or should I do something different?
What an awesome achievement! You guys have proven that working with Prizm is far more productive than fighting the roadblocks that TI puts up for developers. Congratulations. This is going to make Prizm more popular and TI less popular and that is as it should be. Again, congratulations on doing an awesome job in such a short time frame!
Thanks, Dingus; most of the credit should go to Tari and Jonimus for their hard work putting this together, Shaun and Jonimus (and a little to me Wink) for debugging and testing, JosJuice and Qwerty for reverse-engineering the file format and testing various things, and SimonLothar for the earlier SDK.
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks, Dingus; most of the credit should go to Tari and Jonimus for their hard work putting this together, Shaun and Jonimus (and a little to me Wink) for debugging and testing, JosJuice and Qwerty for reverse-engineering the file format and testing various things, and SimonLothar for the earlier SDK.
z80man also worked a lot on the file format, but I don't think he visits Cemetech at all.

EDIT: I fail. Turns out that he does visit Cemetech...
He does visit, but only very occasionally; I'm hoping to push him to post more about his Prizm projects. Thanks for clarifying; I didn't realize he had helped with that.
KermMartian wrote:
He does visit, but only very occasionally; I'm hoping to push him to post more about his Prizm projects. Thanks for clarifying; I didn't realize he had helped with that.
Yes I was the first person to get a third party asm program to run even though it almost bricked my calc Neutral

I will be visiting more often now that some of my projects will soon be ready releases.
That's great to hear! We also welcome and indeed encourage people to post project-in-progress threads, so I'd invite you to post about Spectrum and whatever other projects you have going on, even if they're currently unfinished. And on behalf of all of us, thank you for your dedication and willingness to put your hardware on the line in order to get the first third-party program running!
*bumpy* Some information for the PrizmSDK about Bdisp_EnableColor(int n):

n=0 and n=2 set 3-bit (?) color
n=1 and n=3 set 16-bit color

All tested values set the screen "border" (which appears to be six pixels each left and right and 8 pixels on the bottom) to white.
curious, why do 0 and 2 do the same thing, likewise with 1 and 3? I would be careful using 2 and 3, since they might have other things that happen alongside them.

Unless of course it just accepts anything with bit 0 set as 16 bit, and it's read as 3 bit otherwise Razz
That indeed seems to be the case. I'll try to get a chance to experiment with the other bits too to see what they do.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours