So has anyone (besides myself), Mac users or otherwise, discovered this little gem? Because I just found it today while browsing the Applications on my school's computer, and I was absolutely blown away. First off, it graphs EVERY kind of equation, be it a function, polar, parametric, cylindrical, spherical, and others in 2D or 3D. Second of all, its evaluation skills are INCREDIBLE. One of the first things I tried was typing in x^2+y^2+z^2=25, and instantly a sphere pops up. That's some impressive stuff. The interface is visually stunning and (fairly) easy to use, especially the 3D stuff.

Screenie that demonstrates a smidgeon of Grapher's power:

This along with GarageBand, almost justifies getting a Mac. I need an emulator. Laughing
OMG, that's crazily impressive. But can yout put DCS on it? Very Happy
yeah, what is the point without DCS?
Indeed... Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
OMG, that's crazily impressive. But can yout put DCS on it? Very Happy

Sadly, it only runs on the infinitely inferior MacOSX Tiger Sad
noooooo! Sad
Need....emu... Smile
are you aware that every version of Mac OS, since I think 7, has shipped with various versions of this App? and that Google search reveals tht you can download PC version as well?
sweet, where?
elfprince13 wrote:
are you aware that every version of Mac OS, since I think 7, has shipped with various versions of this App? and that Google search reveals tht you can download PC version as well?

Apple just bought the company that made it in september 2004, they used to bundle something else
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grapher
elfprince13 wrote:

This app is different from previous versions of Grapher. Furthermore, Grapher is not available for Windows. Did you even search Google, or did you just say that?
Well, if anyone finds that win32 link, I'd gladly dl it.
i second that
Hehe--that Top link at the bottom really is helpful...
that it is, that it is
I'm gonna skin it to an img though.
cool, but until then, it is still an improvement
Definitely. Thanks to JPez for the suggestion.
I know, I was with him on that
elfprince13 wrote:

Did you know theres a "PC version" (aka, x86) of Mac OS X? Rolling Eyes
Kllrnohj wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Did you know theres a "PC version" (aka, x86) of Mac OS X? Rolling Eyes

You mean via an emulator??

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours