» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okay, I got it up and working and played a quick match to make sure it ran. I can't now, but I'd definitely be down to play some time tonight if you're going to be free.
foamy3 wrote:
Okay, I got it up and working and played a quick match to make sure it ran. I can't now, but I'd definitely be down to play some time tonight if you're going to be free.
Sounds great to me! I'll definitely be around, just poke me here or on SAX or in #cemetech when you're around.
*bump* Just played a heck of a good game against foamy3. Turns out (1) he's an excellent AoE player, and (2) I finally learned how to counter Teutonic Knight mass-attacks.

http://www.voobly.com/match/view/4495008
KermMartian wrote:
(2) I finally learned how to counter Teutonic Knight mass-attacks.

I was under the impression that Elite Bombard Elephants were the only way to stop them. Smile

Haha, amazing game, Kerm. We have to do it again some time.
Would you agree that my top-secret combination of units at the end was successful at repelling combined Teutonic Knight and Two-Handed Swordsman attacks, though? Smile And yes, absolutely. Based on the fact that you always play Teutons I have some other civs I want to try.
I don't ALWAYS play them, but they're by far my favorite. And if you want to try out some other civs against them, I'll definitely play them again for you.

And yes, I thought my last army was going to go much further than they did. You stopped them in one heck of a hurry.
I'd be more than happy to do the same, if you have other civs you want to try. I'd have to say that of all the people I've played, you're the one who is more or less exactly on par with me skill and strategy wise, if not a bit better. I got lucky that you resigned at the end instead of me tracking down your town in the middle of "my" side. I also enjoyed that we ended up with our sides switched. I'm curious why you didn't attack my new town, though; you could have steamrolled me near the beginning of the switch.
My "town" at the end when I resigned was a town center, a mill, and a barracks. I probably had about 10 villagers and not enough resources to even build a market.

And once you were on my starting side, I really never had a chance to invade. You had the only landbridge towered off, and by the time I got my army transported over to your side, you were already starting your waves of attacks at me.

But like I said before, I wasn't expecting my last army to die so quickly Very Happy
Hehe, fair enough. That was a good idea to use the troop transport; I'm so used to the usual rules I play with my GrantSlatton, aka PseudoProgrammer (namely, no ships) that I forgot about that tactic. Razz Of course, it was legit for you to use it, since we had agreed on no such rule. That was a heavy hit that you stole my four relics, though. Smile
Oh, I'd definitely be down for a no-ships match in the future. And those relics really helped me out. Tuetonic armies are expensive..
foamy3 wrote:
Oh, I'd definitely be down for a no-ships match in the future. And those relics really helped me out. Tuetonic armies are expensive..
Tell me about it. Smile Halbertiers (sp?) cost only wood and food, not gold, but they aren't good anti-infantry units.
http://www.voobly.com/match/view/4491191

I finally beat Kerm! He beat me in about every category, but I managed to beat him to Imperial Age and treb'd down his walls and infiltrated with Halbrideirs before he could amass a military.
I am aware.

Edit: gg foamy. I had a stronghold in the back with enough villagers and barracks to repel your attack, but I didn't really feel like it. Smile
GG, sir.
foamy3 wrote:
GG, sir.
I think once I saw that Random had given you Teutons and me whatever civ I was that I'm not familiar with, I knew your knights would own me. I might consider a rematch after I find myself some food if you have an interest. Smile
I ALWAYS have an interest. Smile
foamy3 wrote:
Haha, sounds good. I am curious to hear how you do against Grant on your own; I've gotten fairly depressed about the prospect of games against him.
KermMartian wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
Haha, sounds good. I am curious to hear how you do against Grant on your own; I've gotten fairly depressed about the prospect of games against him.

I'd say you're slightly better than me, so I doubt this ends well. Smile

EDIT: I was right. He crushed me. Very Happy
foamy3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

I'd say you're slightly better than me, so I doubt this ends well. Smile

EDIT: I was right. He crushed me. Very Happy
Aww, sorry to hear it. Doing a rematch with you now; we'll see what happens. Smile
Thought I'd just post this here since it IS an AoE2 thread.

In regards to running it on Win7 64-bit, is there a fair amount of trouble getting it to run? I'm aware of the DirectX issue but beyond that is there anything problematic?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours