elfprince13 wrote:
does /pN turn into ?p=N#N
It did, but then saxjax p=? links were getting double-#ed. Therefore, right now saxjax adds the # and the cemete.ch .htaccess does not. I'll change that today, though, because "http://cemete.ch/p150358" is a lot cleaner than "http://cemete.ch/p150358#150358".
swivelgames wrote:
Plans for files, user ids, usernames, and generated URLs in the near future? Smile
I hope so!
Don't forget to add the error pages
Elfprince, thanks. Smile Swivel/comicIDIOT, would you guys mind tabulating what I'm missing, so I can implement them now?
I'll let swivel make the post, then I'll just edit his to include what I'm thinking, to avoid having to sort through two posts (possibly separated by posts).
Do we have an API for creating the random ones yet? That way I could move DCS over from using tinyurl to our new cemete.ch shortener.
Well, here's what's done:
:: http://cemete.ch/tNNN: topic
:: http://cemete.ch/pNNN: post
:: http://cemete.ch/fNNN: forum category
:: http://cemete.ch/nNNN: news article
:: http://cemete.ch: homepage

What's not done:
:: http://cemete.ch/dcs/BLAH: Shortcut to http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BLAH
:: http://cemete.ch/uNNNN: user number NNNN's profile
:: http://cemete.ch/u/NAME: user named NAME's profile
:: http://cemete.ch/prNNNN: project NNNN

Others?
Nothing on my end. Once the API is implemented, can we have variables that replace the url's? I believe that was already suggested.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Nothing on my end. Once the API is implemented, can we have variables that replace the url's? I believe that was already suggested.
Most definitely certainly. Oh, and I need to add the 404/403 pages.
OK well I can see about getting the dcs wiki to use the new sortened urls once that is implemented but I had thought we wanted to implement just a generic URL shortener for other url's? Or is that no longer the plan?
How about file downloads?
TheStorm wrote:
OK well I can see about getting the dcs wiki to use the new sortened urls once that is implemented but I had thought we wanted to implement just a generic URL shortener for other url's? Or is that no longer the plan?
Just to save the three bytes of the "net"? I guess I might as well add that too.

Edit: Implemented the following:

:: http://cemete.ch/dcs/BLAH: Shortcut to http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BLAH
:: http://cemete.ch/uNNNN: user number NNNN's profile
:: http://cemete.ch/u/NAME: user named NAME's profile
:: http://cemete.ch/prNNNN: project NNNN
:: 404 and 403 error pages
:: Arbitrary URL rewriting from http://cemete.ch/* to http://www.cemetech.net/* for anything that doesn't match any other rule
KermMartian wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
OK well I can see about getting the dcs wiki to use the new sortened urls once that is implemented but I had thought we wanted to implement just a generic URL shortener for other url's? Or is that no longer the plan?
Just to save the three bytes of the "net"? I guess I might as well add that too.

Edit: Implemented the following:

:: http://cemete.ch/dcs/BLAH: Shortcut to http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BLAH

Why not dcs.cemete.ch?
Oh that's a good idea, elfprince13 Razz

Also, uhm, Kerm...
Typing in something like cemete.ch/useless/url will redirect to *.php?mode=viewprofile&u=seless/url

I assume there are no URLs starting with u, but shouldn't it look for u\/(.+) instead of u(.+)? (or whatever it is you have written in there, but you get the point Razz )

Also, as mentioned previously by comicIDIOT, and recently by myself in SAX, SAX is currently generating TinyURLs for cemete.ch URLs. Shouldn't it only generate TinyURLs for non-cemete.ch URLs?
swivelgames wrote:
Also, as mentioned previously by comicIDIOT, and recently by myself in SAX, SAX is currently generating TinyURLs for cemete.ch URLs. Shouldn't it only generate TinyURLs for non-cemete.ch URLs?


Photo Proof! Cannotbhaxed

I think outside url's were going to be through cemete.ch as well, hence the random URL thing. But I could be wrong.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Photo Proof! Cannotbhaxed
pwnt.

comicIDIOT wrote:
I think outside url's were going to be through cemete.ch as well, hence the random URL thing. But I could be wrong.
Jonimus just mentioned this as well. Will we be sticking with tinyurl? or will we be implementing our own url shortener generator, with APIs and such?
(Reposted from front page news)

Due to the ingenuity and quick thinking of longtime Cemetech member Swivelgames, Cemetech now has its very own URL shortener, Cemete.ch. Thanks to the lucky coincidence of Switzerland's .ch domain, we were able to grab this domain last week, and thanks to Swivelgames' generosity, we were able to grab it quickly. As detailed in the attached topic, members and staff quickly suggested a variety of helpful URL shortcuts that the cemete.ch domain could facilitate; the ones implemented thus far:

:: cemete.ch - The Cemetech homepage, http://www.cemetech.net.
:: cemete.ch/t6244 - Redirect URLs with /tNNN to the relevant Cemetech forum topic numbered NNN.
:: cemete.ch/p150521 - Redirect URLs with /pNNN to the relevant Cemetech post numbered NNN.
:: cemete.ch/f9 - Redirect URLs with /fNN to the Cemetech forum category numbered NN.
:: cemete.ch/u2 - Redirect URLs with /uUSERID to the Cemetech profile page of the user with that ID, and /uUSERNAME to the profile page of the user with that username.
:: cemete.ch/pr33 - Redirect URLS with /prNN to the project page containing that Cemetech project, ID number NN.
:: cemete.ch/dcs/SDK - Anything ending /dcs/* gets redirected to the relevant Doors CS wiki page.
:: cemete.ch/n457 - URLs of the form /nNNN redirect to the news article numbered NNN.
:: Any other cemete.ch/* URL is redirected to http://www.cemetech.net/*. Several users are currently lobbying for a Cemetech-specific tinyurl-like service to redirect to any url using the domain.

I hope that you enjoy this new service, report any bugs you see as it is rolled out to SAX, saxjax, the @cemetech Twitter feed, and other areas of Cemetech, and suggest any new features that occur to you!
*bump* I'm not sure if anyone noticed that front-page news article. Very Happy Anyway, to answer all of the unanswered questions in this topic:

:: dcs.cemete.ch: I don't think I can add subdomains to add-on domains...? Edit: WHOA, I actually can! Awesome!
:: Regarding the /uNNNN, I'm not too worried about potential URLs starting with u.
:: About the general URL redirection, I don't know if I feel like the database overhead of remembering all those URLs. Sad
Just remember them for seven days or so. They'd be used almost strictly by saxjax, so keeping them for infinity would be pointless.
Woot, re: dcs.cemete.ch. Also, why on earth is Switzerland .ch?

KermMartian wrote:

:: cemete.ch/u2 - Redirect URLs with /uUSERID to the Cemetech profile page of the user with that ID, and /uUSERNAME to the profile page of the user with that username.

Typo?
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement