In honor of a three-year-old Cemetech Labs topic called Summer 2008 Project Brainstorming, I figured I might as well let you guys know what I'm considering spending my free time this summer on. I am going to be continuing my research at school, so I won't have as much free time as some previous summers, but I am considering some selection of the following. Please weigh in with your opinions!

:: Complete Prizm Obliterate
:: Start a Prizm DCS?
:: Prizm [secret game project]?
:: Scouter work: continue voice commands, GPS, etc
:: Electronics projects:
---:: Room RGB partymode: requires some Luxeon Rebels
---:: Clove 3: more bluetooth, conductive fabric, uC hijinx
---:: Ultimate Calc 3: mod or original??
---:: Wireless CALCnet: analog? Zigbee? cf. rfdave's ideas
:: CALCnet FTP, plus gCn ticalc.org archives goodness
:: CALCnet gCn-backed web clipping browser?
:: Cemete.ch
:: Research work: trigger-based Piccolo
---:: Merge accumulators and triggres
---:: Debug current SSSP problems
---:: Work on long triggers
---:: Write Python crawler with long triggers
:: Cemetech maintenance
---:: Fix the a search
---:: Track down PageRank depression
I think that a DCS orientated Prizm App would be really nice.
All of the above, amirite?

But, I'd like to see Prizm Obliterate.
Also, I'd like a Prizm e-Reader for Christmas, Santa.
Raylin wrote:
All of the above, amirite?

But, I'd like to see Prizm Obliterate.
Also, I'd like a Prizm e-Reader for Christmas, Santa.

This. Also, you should work on Feedburner. Smile
KermMartian wrote:

:: CALCnet FTP, plus gCn ticalc.org archives goodness

Are you suggesting an on-calc app store? If so, that is an absolutely amazing idea.
Foamy, I'm thinking allowing calculators to FTP to each other, which would mean that the gCn metahub could pretend to be an FTP with the entire ticalc.org archives, and just transfer files directly from ticalc.org to the calculator with no unzipping or link software needed. I also need to add DUSB and DCS 7.2 to that list.

Edit: Souvik (and potentially Tanner too): the item ":: Scouter work: continue voice commands, GPS, etc" refers to FeedScreamer (what you're calling FeedBurner). Smile
Ah, I see that now. Thanks for the clarification. Smile
souvik1997 wrote:
Ah, I see that now. Thanks for the clarification. Smile
Sure thing. I forgot to mention that if you know of any projects I discussed previously and didn't put on the list, or even things you wish I would work on but haven't, that those would be good to mention.
- Prizm DCS: I haven't messed with the Prizm at all, so I don't know if it already has basic DCS functions, but I think that providing similar tools/luxuries for both TI and Casio products would be nice.

- CALCnet (wireless, FTP, and browser): Wireless and browser would be awesome. Very Happy However, the FTP sounds like it might be detrimental to guest activity; if guests can just copy a file or two and have a large list of games to share with their friends, they would have no need to explore other aspects of calculator websites. *

- Clove 3: This is personally what I would like to see, simply because I don't use CALCnet (sorry Kerm Sad ) or a Prizm. I've been awaiting a Clove version that has more functionality (say, to the point of gaming), though I realize that this would probably be the least beneficial to the community out of my 3 picks (since most people would download and go crazy about P-DCS and internet on their calcs Razz).

*I'm not much of a techie Sad , so if I'm not sure if I misread/misunderstood the whole FTP part. Confused
Regarding DCS: Currently, every community program must be an add-in. All add-ins end up on the "desktop" of the device, have a 29KB header overhead, and are stored in ROM. A "shell" like Doors CS would allow for much smaller programs, stored as programs instead of add-ins (think programs instead of apps on the TI calculators).

CALCnet: FTP would be detrimental to guest activity, sure, but I think the number of people who would actually use it without having even come to see how to use gCn would be negligible.

Clove 3: Least beneficial to the community, but most beneficial to the world as a whole, as there are tons of applications where this might be a very positive addition.
KermMartian wrote:
Regarding DCS: Currently, every community program must be an add-in. All add-ins end up on the "desktop" of the device, have a 29KB header overhead, and are stored in ROM. A "shell" like Doors CS would allow for much smaller programs, stored as programs instead of add-ins (think programs instead of apps on the TI calculators).
Actually, the header is 28 KB Smile

And programs would most likely be stored in ROM too.
Indeed, programs would be stored in ROM, but they could be much smaller, and not all be on the main menu of the calculator. And of course Doors CS for Prizm could support folders and everything. Thanks for the correction, now I know. Smile
Those sure look like some amusing projects, good luck with them.

Actually, I noticed most aren't work, so have fun Very Happy
Then with those "clairifications", Kerm, I would say gCn FTP and Clove 3, since they would appear to be the most beneficial (from what I thought should be worked, anyways).

*cough*Clove 3 above everything else because I am selfish and stupid but would like to play games with gloves while sitting across the room*cough*

Smile
I'd be willing to help with the computer-side of the gCn FTP/ticalc client. It would be very simple with my C# library.
Merthsoft, many thanks, as always. Smile Beta7, that's more or less where I'm thinking too. Scout, unfortunately, I will still need to spend a fairly significant chunk of my time on my work projects, so no real vacation there. Sad
World Domination Prizm style! (Either port Risk to the Prizm or program the Prizm to hack the world governments Wink )
TsukasaZX wrote:
World Domination Prizm style! (Either port Risk to the Prizm or program the Prizm to hack the world governments Wink )
You've played my World Domination game for the TIs, I take it? I think that would be a lot of fun on the Prizm!
Not at all, actually `-`
In fact, I had no clue what you were talking about and assumed you meant the original Risk board game.
TsukasaZX wrote:
Not at all, actually `-`
In fact, I had no clue what you were talking about and assumed you meant the original Risk board game.
That's unfortunate. Sad

http://www.cemetech.net/news.php?id=82

Download: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/360/36095.html

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours