McCain is such a hypocrite.

Pre-2008 election cycle: "I was tortured, torture is bad".
2008 election cycle: "I had hot dogs with the president, waterboarding is great."
3 years later: "waterboarding is unnecessary. we didn't need to torture anyone."
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54301.html
Ashbad wrote:
This. I'm absolutely horrified that people are cheering in the thousands that he's dead, from a moral standpoint. Okay, yes, this mean it may save others, and even make some families who suffered from 9/11 feel some closure, but still. He [s]is[/s] was a human being. I'm relieved he's dead, but I'm also sad and I pray for him. Not even he should burn in the eternal froth of hell.
A lot of people feel that same way, and I think it's a good point. We call people barbarians and terrorists who cheer when Americans are killed, but they think we're wrong and they're right. I agree that it's no better if we cheer when our enemies are killed. I don't think it was necessarily wrong to kill him (years-long judicial circus and more publicity for him? No thanks), but I don't know if celebrating death is a good idea either.
speedy pizza is speedy.

Whilst all the jokes are being told about it, this one was the only one I found funny, and just because of how the guy acts. however, I'm simply using it to prove a point.

[point]

Al Qeuida will just use things like this to show that we're a horrible country -- I know we aren't, but a guy with arabs in front of him with big guns and big guns, and tons of propaganda will. Who knows, with every joke we make, we may be also making a new terrorist faction...
Dang, that link is blocked at my school.
if you're wondering what happens, it's osama checking his iPhone 4 (of course he has one, terrorists get a special deal from apple as long as they don't jailbreak -- which they of course do anyways) complaining that pizza should have been delivered to him 10 minutes ago according to a 'PizzaTracker' iphone app, then he hears a knock and says 'They're here :3' (the american seals arrive)

it's ~5 seconds long, and it's actually kinda funny, but mostly because of how ridiculous it is.
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/osama-bin-laden-wanted-kill-president-obama/story?id=13595181

Some discussion on possible retaliations and information that has been gained and is slowly being decoded.
This is relevant to our interests.
elfprince13 wrote:
This is relevant to our interests.
I saw and enjoyed that. They did such a good job of mocking up the NYTimes website that it took me a good 30 seconds to realize that it was not, in fact, the New York Times running a spoof piece.
The journalistic quality was pretty high as well =)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43024125/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/42879773

Hahaha, wow. This was significant of a news piece because..? :p

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours