qazz42 wrote:
ok, ill test it
Thanks, let me know how it goes. For you ASM programmers, that's a pretty handy incantation, by the way:

Code:
iFastCopy:
   ld a,i
   push af
      di
      ;code goes here
      ;it can ex af,af'
      ;it can also exx
      ;nothing bad will happen
      ;as far as I know
      pop af
   ret po
   ei
   ret
Ok, it doesnt work, btw, a line of code I forgot

Code:
CPU reset

that is at the top of the error message
qazz42 wrote:
Ok, it doesnt work, btw, a line of code I forgot

Code:
CPU reset

that is at the top of the error message
Wait, really? You mean it still resets even with this fix? That's unfortunate. Sad I don't have too many ideas then. It resets on the first Tokenize, though, before you see any progress bar, correct?
yep, sadly, sorry, but it seems you have an undocumented instruction

This is the exact reset that happens when you have an asm prgm with undocumented instructions Sad
qazz42 wrote:
Ohhhhh, wait a second, undocumented instructions! My division routine uses "slia c", aka "sll c", which is indeed undocumented. Calc84 or others, suggested replacement?
Hehe, I am glad I knew that, your welcome btw Razz
Nice to know the reason behind it though Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Ohhhhh, wait a second, undocumented instructions! My division routine uses "slia c", aka "sll c", which is indeed undocumented. Calc84 or others, suggested replacement?

Code:
scf
rl c
calc84maniac wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Code:
scf
rl c
Thanks calc84, you're the best. Qazz, I attached you another beta to test if you don't mind.
Haha, we have a winner! This last one completly works

Now Kerm, new time you make a program, be sure to check for undocumented commands Smile
qazz42 wrote:
Haha, we have a winner! This last one completly works

Now Kerm, new time you make a program, be sure to check for undocumented commands Smile
Yeah, I know. :S I have a set of stock multiplication and division routines that I use when I don't feel like thinking back at the algorithms behind how they work, but unfortunately my 24 bit by 16 bit unsigned division depends on sll. Smile Thanks calc84 for the tip, thanks Qazz for the tireless testing. As soon as ticalc.org accepts my program, I'll upload an update there and here with the fix.
Wow, this is pretty cool! I just gave it a try and I like it Smile I am glad it converts to BBh tokens for lowercase and whatnot, too! Have you thought about including this as well as some other small programs in DCS in the start menu? Including DOCDE7 and TOKENIZE would be pretty cool, I think Smile
Xeda112358 wrote:
Wow, this is pretty cool! I just gave it a try and I like it Smile I am glad it converts to BBh tokens for lowercase and whatnot, too! Have you thought about including this as well as some other small programs in DCS in the start menu? Including DOCDE7 and TOKENIZE would be pretty cool, I think Smile

Pre-Included software would be really amazing, I have to agree.
Xeda112358 wrote:
Unfortunately, even thought both of these program are less than 1KB thanks to the power of the DCS GUI API, I have far, far less than 2KB free in Doors CS (at last check, in the dozens of bytes, and that's even after tons of optimization to have the space to squeeze Direct USB gCn in). Sad There was a planned "pin" feature to put frequently-run program on the taskbar for Doors CS 7, but I never got to it; maybe for DCS 8. Smile
Ah, cool, okay! It is good to know that DoorsCS 7 uses almost every byte!
Xeda112358 wrote:
Ah, cool, okay! It is good to know that DoorsCS 7 uses almost every byte!
Yup, the most space is on the BASIC libs page, where I have a whopping 100 bytes or so free. The other two pages each have in the very low double-digits of free bytes. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours