Last week my girlfriend, Megan, and I found out that we are pregnant. This is something we've wanted for quite some time now, but we just recently decided that now was a good time to start trying. We were lucky enough that she conceived the day of our first attempt.

This is something her and I are incredibly excited about, and we can't wait to build and grow our new family.

Currently, we don't know whether it's a boy or girl, but we know she's approx 5-6 weeks pregnant and the baby's due date is on December 27th (updated) of this year. We can't wait! Very Happy

[Update June 10th, 2011]

Sonograms at 11w, 4d pregnant! Very Happy

The semi-official due date is December 27th of this year. We'll know officially after the blood work is processed.

Congrats swivel!! Thats awesome, i cant wait for you guys. Very cool Smile
Edit: Also Christmas baby! even cooler!
Very, very nice. Are there any hardset plans in the future? Proposal, mainly?
rcfreak0 wrote:
Congrats swivel!! Thats awesome, i cant wait for you guys. Very cool Smile
Edit: Also Christmas baby! even cooler!

Thanks!! And, most definitely! Ironically my older sister's daughter was born Dec. 31st. Almost a new born baby! Wonder when ours is really going to be born Smile

comicIDIOT wrote:
Very, very nice. Are there any hardset plans in the future? Proposal, mainly?
Oh most certainly! We've been planning on marriage for quite some time now. I've just been waiting on money for a ring. And thankfully now I've got money for a ring, and a little bit more Smile

We have a lot planned for the future at this point. We just could hardly wait. Haha.

And to clarify, the marriage is not because she's pregnant. Like I said, we've been planning all this for quite a long time.

I'm so excited! Very Happy
That money better not be for a ring, but rather to fly me out so I can take photos! Laughing
Good luck, Swivel! This must be very exciting for you Very Happy I wish you good luck with this!!
"we" are pregnant? Swivel, I'm pretty sure SHE is the only one who's pregnant Wink

Anyway, congratulations and good luck! Have any baby name plans yet? Can I come to the wedding? Very Happy

[edit]
Oh, and I forgot to say: I'm jealous :/
Congratulations Swivel! For the record, I second using that money to send Comic over to take pictures Very Happy (Just Joking)
Congrats, dude! I wish you and your girlfriend and your unborn baby all the best!
If you live anywhere in or near Pennsylvania, my dad is a professional photographer and I could get you a good deal. At any rate, congrats. Peace and long life.
comicIDIOT wrote:
That money better not be for a ring, but rather to fly me out so I can take photos! Laughing
haha, I think it would be pretty epic if some of you guys made it to my wedding! Very Happy

TsukasaZX wrote:
"we" are pregnant? Swivel, I'm pretty sure SHE is the only one who's pregnant Wink
Yes, WE, as a couple, are pregnant. Smile

TsukasaZX wrote:
Have any baby name plans yet?
If anyone has had a serious relationship with a girl, I'm sure you know that baby names come up more the once in random conversation. Laughing

Boys:
  • Christopher Daniel Dalrymple
  • Gabriel Alexander Dalrymple
Girls:
  • Piper Renee Dalrymple
  • April Loraine Dalrymple
And thanks everyone for the congratulations!
Tsukasa, common practice these days makes pregnancy a team effort from a couple, so you say that the couple as a whole is pregnant. Swivelgames, extremely many congratulations! I'll have to fly out for the wedding. Wink Actually, if we could get a bunch of us there, that would be pretty amazing. I spot one amusing inconsistency:
Quote:
were lucky enough that she conceived the day of our first attempt.[...]we know she's approx 5-6 weeks pregnant.
You know the date of conception but not how pregnant she is? Wink
Quote:
Last week my girlfriend, Megan, and I found out that we are pregnant.

As in both of you? Shock Razz

Wish you best luck!
Thanks Kerm! Very Happy

That would be incredibly awesome to have a bunch of you guys down for the wedding.

Quote:
You know the date of conception but not how pregnant she is? Wink
Just quoting the doctors, really. They "calculate" it using the day of her last period and when we attempted. They said "approx 5 weeks" last week. She conceived on April 1st Very Happy

[edit]
ScoutDavid wrote:
Quote:
Last week my girlfriend, Megan, and I found out that we are pregnant.

As in both of you? Shock Razz
*facepalm*....
KermMartian wrote:
[...]common practice these days makes pregnancy a team effort from a couple, so you say that the couple as a whole is pregnant.

Haha, thanks for the luck ScoutDavid.
KermMartian wrote:
I'll have to fly out for the wedding. Wink Actually, if we could get a bunch of us there, that would be pretty amazing.
If you could pay for my ticket, I'm game. I could bring my dad's camera which he's taught me how to use and get some nice pictures along with the other photography nut.

EDIT- I wonder if it would be cheaper to rent a bus and pick everyone up?
That would be pretty awesome, but I bet the fuel costs would be prohibitive. Sad You're in Texas, right Swivelgames? I wonder how much flights to Texas cost.
Sadly, I would not be able to attend the wedding at all. :/

... Darn it, I want a significant other and a kid... that'd be awesome....
Awww! Those are really pretty names, too! And TsukasaZX, I'm sure you will find somebody ^^ I haven't met a person yet who could not find somebody... and some of those people shouldn't have been allowed to ):<

I hope we get to see pictures!! ^^
Haha Xeda, ain't that the truth. Smile I hope we get to see pictures too! Also, Swivel, when do you think the wedding will be? Smile

Edit: Oh and as I said on IRC, congratulations for being the first Cemetech (as far as I know) to get pregnant while a Cemetechian, to distinguish from our members who were already parents before they joined.
Yeah, fuel would probably be a nightmare for something like that. But it might actually work Very Happy

The wedding would probably take place somewhere in Dallas, Texas. Either that or possibly in Tyler, Texas. Southwest Airlines flies into Dallas Love Field airport for usually about $49/ticket within neighboring states (usually). It comes out to about $115 round-trip cost.

Kerm, I just checked the cost of a flight from LaGuardia to here and it's $252 with flight change in Chicago. Cheapest return flight ticket was $104, though Very Happy

That's on a random date, too. So it's all quite variable. For those of us down south, it would be much cheaper. Hell, depending on your location, you might be able to drive! Very Happy

Xeda, thanks! Smile Definitely going to post pictures when we get them!

Re:Xeda @TsukasaZX This is true. Keep your head up, you'll find someone. Usually it's in the place you least expect it to be, too! I'm sure you'll be a great father when your time comes around. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours