The first post details how to make a project. This tool can also be used, and I suggest using it if you'll be using Visual Studio (which I suggest using).
Ashbad wrote:
insight -- do I need to download the headers for that somewhere else?

Also, just wondering, can someone explain in detail the process of setting up your own project and how each of the files work?
I believe that I explain creating your own project in the first post. Smile Basically the only file you need to edit for your own projects is [projectname].cpp, although as your projects get more complex, you'll want multiple .cpp and .h files.
thanks, Merth and Kerm Smile One more question -- this isn't explicitly prizm-related, but is an .hpp file a .h file written in C++ or something? I saw that insight and another program used them for include files.
.h and .hpp (and .c and .cc and .cpp) don't mean anything to most compilers. However, they're generally hints to the programmer about what is a C++ source file (and its associated .h file), namely .cpp or .cc with .hpp, and what is a C source file (and its associated header file), namely .c with .h. However, there are plenty of people who ignore this convention and use .cpp/.cc with .h.
ahh, okay, thanks -- I'm just really not used to C coding much. Sorry if I sound rather newbish.
Question:

In Ubuntu, I downloaded Wine and followed all of the instructions. The issue is that the .lib file is non-existent when it really is.

'Z:\home\ray\Desktop\CASIO_miniSDK\lib\FX____.lib' doesn't exist.
Ashbad, no problem, that doesn't sounds newbish at all.

Raylin, can you give more detail? Is that the error, including those underscores? When does this happen?
KermMartian wrote:
Raylin, can you give more detail? Is that the error, including those underscores? When does this happen?

That is the error verbatim. Except the file name is actually fx9860G_library.lib.
Raylin wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

That is the error verbatim. Except the file name is actually fx9860G_library.lib.
But where does this error occur? Do you mean you can't find the file, or the miniSDK executable issues that error?
The executable issues this.
Raylin wrote:
The executable issues this.
/me feels like he's pulling teeth. Wink And what in the executable did you do to make it happen? Duplicate a project? Do a Full Setup? Or do a Build Project? Did you make sure you followed ALL of the copy file steps in the first post?
I followed every step to the letter.
When I press F9, the error occurred.

Lemme try duplicating the project and see what happens.
Raylin wrote:
I followed every step to the letter.
When I press F9, the error occurred.

Lemme try duplicating the project and see what happens.
It's obvious, so I'm sure you checked this already, but did you make sure that that file did indeed get copied over?
Yep. Just double checked.

I don't quite know why this isn't working...
Raylin wrote:
Yep. Just double checked.

I don't quite know why this isn't working...
So you did indeed copy "fx9860G_library.lib" from the SDK directory to the /BIN/ folder of the MiniSDK?
I'm also having problems with this. I'm apparently missing a file called "header/filebios.h" even though I don't use it as an include. Why would this be happening, and how can I fix it?
Ashbad wrote:
I'm also having problems with this. I'm apparently missing a file called "header/filebios.h" even though I don't use it as an include. Why would this be happening, and how can I fix it?
Cf. my answers to you in the Useful Routines thread, although this is actually a more appropriate thread in which to hold the discussion.
okay. would you like to see what else needs fixing? Seems as if I beat my old error-record I made with that z80 hello world:

Here is all of the code (the snake char array I shortened for your convience Smile however, it is made correctly, SC2.5 style from a PNG.

Code:
extern "C" {

#include "stdlib.h"
#include "keyboard.hpp"
#include "keyboard_syscalls.h"
#include "display_syscalls.h"
#include "display_tools.h"
#include "fxCG_display.h"
#include "misc_tools.h"

void G3A_main(void) {

Bdisp_AllCr_VRAM();
   memcpy(VRAM,Snakee,(384*216*2));
   Bdisp_PutDisp_DD()
}

char Snakee[165888] = {
      0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,ETC. for ~80000 more character initiations
}

ERRORS GALORE:

http://pastebin.com/FTS5hryK
Holy... That's a lot of errors.

Well, your unselected icon is missing a few size bytes, I can tell that :p
Try setting up the SDK directory somewhere without spaces. I have a feeling that may fix the problems given what Kerm has said about directories with spaces.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours