I need help -- I'll start by just saying that.

I know C decently well, (well enough to make a game with a simple graphics library or make some sort of utility or compiler) but I was never in the liking of what I call "The Beaurocratic Side of HLL programming" -- which is where you have to do 2048 things to set up your environment and Libraries and DLLs and s***, kinda like how you have to know certain people and give bribes and such before finally convincing your supporting senator to help you out with an issue. Beaurocratic. I'm the type of guy who really doesn't care about setting up all this stuff up 64 times until he gets it right, but rather I prefer to learn about actual code rather than how my .DLL should interact with the .h file in the System128 folder.

As you can see, I hate setting up stuff, so I need help to get a development environment set up for prizm C. Could some kind sirs or bananas here guide me through the setup of the base and what files I need and where to get them and such? All help is highly appreciated! Very Happy
Did you bother reading the thread I have stickied at the top of this very subforum that explains exactly what to do? Razz

Here it is again:
[HOWTO] Prizm C Development
Setting up ASM dev environment:
Download, extract, run with "sh3eb-elf-as.exe --small --traditional -aln file.s" and copy/paste binaries into your precalculated .g3a file.

fx-9860g SDK method:

Download the SDK and extract it. Also download the latest miniSDK from here and then extract that as well. Read the instructions and try to follow them. When that fails, read the instructions in the post linked by Kerm.

GCC method:

Pick your favorite dev environment (KPIT GNU has a very nice dev environment) and talk to random people on IRC until you find someone who knows how to get it to work.
For programming ASM, sounds good. He said a C environment, and I went through the effort of figuring out and compiling a guide that is much much easier than Simon's readme, so I think that's the easiest for him, probably. Smile
Well, after both Jonimus, you, and Merth all struggled with Simon's readme, I figured it wasn't very clear Wink
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Well, after both Jonimus, you, and Merth all struggled with Simon's readme, I figured it wasn't very clear Wink
Don't forget Tanner; I think he struggled the most. Part of it was bits that were unclear, especially with regard to where to find a few of the files in the 9860 SDK, but there were a few things that were omitted, such as the warning against paths with spaces.
KermMartian wrote:
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Don't forget Tanner; I think he struggled the most. Part of it was bits that were unclear, especially with regard to where to find a few of the files in the 9860 SDK, but there were a few things that were omitted, such as the warning against paths with spaces.
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new. Although, it seemed to fix itself when I started over. It was really confusing up until that point, though Sad
I wouldn't say I struggled with it. I just didn't know I needed the SDK. Once I got that it was a breeze.
merthsoft wrote:
I wouldn't say I struggled with it. I just didn't know I needed the SDK. Once I got that it was a breeze.
You avoided some of the confusion that you went through by creating your own Visual Studio build scripts though, did you not?
Visual Studio doesn't do any of the building.
merthsoft wrote:
Visual Studio doesn't do any of the building.
Oh, ok, my mistake. While we're hovering vaguely around the topic of building programs for the Prizm, SimonLothar has stopped by two or three times in the last several days and utterly failed to notice or respond to my SAX hails. :/
I don't think he likes us TI expats.
merthsoft wrote:
I don't think he likes us TI expats.
Hey, I'm still a die-hard TI coder; I'm just a coder for the not-Nspire calculators, because I like my devices to be programmable without voiding my warranty and getting the company to try to suppress my work. Razz I happen to also be a happy Casio Prizm user and coder.
I shall move the discussion to the other thread at many requests I have recieved.

but in case someone sees this first, here is the question I just posted there:

I really need help getting that Casio SDK. Fishbot's thing didn't work on his website, it just gave me a dowloads.php file that was 0 bytes large, and when I tried again it said "file already in downloads" or something like that.

Though, if GCC is somewhat working, I'd rather go with that.

Help?

EDIT: and yes, I bought a prizm just an hour ago Very Happy
I see no reason why I should copy my reply here, but the gist of it is that I'm sure Fishbot would be happy to help you when he reappears. In the meantime, I'd make sure that you entered your Prizm serial number in the order and formatting his script expects.
Ashbad wrote:

I really need help getting that Casio SDK. Fishbot's thing didn't work on his website, it just gave me a dowloads.php file that was 0 bytes large, and when I tried again it said "file already in downloads" or something like that.

Oops, I think I broke that while fixing the php bug. I'll just make sure some other way of getting the necessary files appears.

EDIT: Kerm, as long as Ashbad didn't do anything stupid, like type out the numbers phonetically, the REGEX should parse correctly. I noticed the described bug early on in the PHP, though, and apparently the thing that fixed it was also the thing that caused the security hole in my PHP.
Qwerty, thanks for addressing the problem. I'll hope that Ashbad is able to find the SDK thanks to your work now and set it up properly with the miniSDK thanks to my explanation.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours