Can someone send me a copy of this? When I try to compile any program, the SDK freaks out and says that it can't find this file. And it decides to only tell me about that after a minute long time of waiting for it. This is the code I am using. With the one line commented, it compiles just fine, without it, it errors out.
Code:
extern "C" {

#include <display_syscalls.h>
#include <color.h>

//

void G3A_main(void) {
   //PrintXY(1,1,"Hello World!",TEXT_MODE_NORMAL,TEXT_COLOR_BLACK);

}

#pragma section _BR_Size

unsigned long BR_Size;

#pragma section

}
I have no such file anywhere in my entire SDK folder, I'm afraid, Tanner. Sad Did you follow the CHM's instructions to open the Default project and re-save it as your new project, then do the Full Setup, Save, and do a Build?
It doesn't seem like I am able to open the CHM because when I do, it gives me four links I can click on, but clicking on one doesn't do anything. I am also able to compile the DEFAULT project and everything go well. And when I went through the Full Setup thing, I had no idea what I was doing at all, so :/ I should also point out that I am running Ubuntu and used Merth's tool to create a new project.
Oh. The CHM is a Windows Help File-format file, so that's probably your issue. Smile I opened the miniSDK program, opened the Default.INI project, then chose Save Project As, typed MINES, and saved. Next, I went to File->Full Setup, and just clicked Save, accepting all the values there. Finally, I did F9 (Build Project), and all worked out well once I had the SDK in a folder with no spaces in its full path.
I followed your steps exactly, and the blank file compiled. But when I went and copied my code from earlier, it failed again. Could you, or someone else, try compiling this code?
_player1537 wrote:
I followed your steps exactly, and the blank file compiled. But when I went and copied my code from earlier, it failed again. Could you, or someone else, try compiling this code?
I had to change <color.h> to "color.h", but other than that, it built fine. Smile
I changed those, but I still got the errors :/ I'll keep looking, though.
_player1537 wrote:
I changed those, but I still got the errors :/ I'll keep looking, though.
Best of luck! Do you no longer have a Windows partition to test under, or are you just trying to get it to work under Linux first?
Kind of both. I want to be able to do this under Linux so others will be able to, and also because I don't want to use Windows. I'm currently using my CapsLock key as my A key, and I don't want to write the one line script in AutoHotKey to do the same in Windows Razz
Have you tried running the compiler with sudo?
Tried that, and Tari told me it was a silly idea (after it didn't work, though).

Edit: I wish I knew what I did to make it mess up, but I have no idea. Maybe it was because it was in my ~/.wine/Program\ Files folder, or maybe because I was linking to it through a link on my desktop, or because I didn't copy stuff correctly. No idea. Either way, restarting from the original files, and putting the sdk on my desktop, and follow the instructions again meant that I was able to compile my Hello World program! Very Happy
Congratulations! Did you try loading it onto your calculator and testing it now? Smile
I did! And I got "llo world!"... No complaints, though >.>
_player1537 wrote:
Weird, my Hello World program yielded "LLO WORLD"! I can only assume we both overlooked something. Smile
I'm going to link to this nearly useless page on the wiki that actually has some kind of purpose now...

http://wiki.prizmwiki.co.cc/wiki/Syscalls#0x18F9

Basically, the first two characters are ignored for some reason.
Perhaps the function expects that strings start with something like the BOM of some UTF-x representation ?
KermMartian wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
Weird, my Hello World program yielded "LLO WORLD"! I can only assume we both overlooked something. Smile

Merth came across this too. The first two bytes aren't printed. Add two spaces to the front of all of your strings to fix it.
That why if you look at my code, every string is prefixed with " ". That's the biggest reason I needed string concatenation, so that I could concat " " after I itoa'd.
Someone should try to dig into that; I imagine it very well maybe be a BOM/UTF-x type thing. I'm glad that we all ran into the same issue, though. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours