Tonight I made minesweeper for the Casio Prizm. You can download it at:
http://merthsoft.com/Minesweeper.zip (code is in the zip)
And here's a video:
Very cool, Merth Smile I'll have to look at the code in a little bit and eventually get Prizm development stuff working on my computer. Also, you did this in C, right? (Double checking)
Yup! Says so in the video Very Happy
Oops, so it does Very Happy
This is a super-duper job, Shaun! Why is this not in the Cemetech archives yet? And yes, you should make a bigger deal about the fact that you wrote this in C!
I've made a small update, so that when you win, it actually does something different. I've also made it so there are only 20 mines, because 25 was too hard for me Smile
http://merthsoft.com/Minesweeper.zip

@Kerm: Is there a Casio section now?
merthsoft wrote:
I've made a small update, so that when you win, it actually does something different. I've also made it so there are only 20 mines, because 25 was too hard for me Smile
http://merthsoft.com/Minesweeper.zip

@Kerm: Is there a Casio section now?
Nope, I'll add it now, thanks again for the reminder. How hard would it be to make the game have a user-settable number of mines?
That's definitely planned. I'd like to be able to have user-set mines and dimensions. It wouldn't be too bad, but that'll have to wait for tomorrow. Especially since I can barely beat it as is...
Added some icons Very Happy

http://www.mediafire.com/?drahvdewc18nll6
Haha, that should be very fun in the game. Also, here's the folder where you'll want to upload the game, Shaun:

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=folder&path=/prizm/games/
Congratulations merthsoft! That is really cool. Perhaps there one somewhere that I missed but I think you just produced the first ever Prizm third party game.
Dingus wrote:
Congratulations merthsoft! That is really cool. Perhaps there one somewhere that I missed but I think you just produced the first ever Prizm third party game.
*In C! There have been a few Casio BASIC games written for the Prizm, and a few assorted C demo programs, but no games as far as I know.
Nice work Merth! I'm impressed that your first game on a color calculator refrained from obscenely gratuitous use of color Razz Though I am looking forward to Kevin's eventual DDR Prizm edition =)
elfprince13 wrote:
Nice work Merth! I'm impressed that your first game on a color calculator refrained from obscenely gratuitous use of color Razz Though I am looking forward to Kevin's eventual DDR Prizm edition =)
Haha, me too, although I think perhaps we need to try to win the race to that. Hopefully we're able to come up with a nice set of shared graphics libraries for games that would be able to assist.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Haha, me too, although I think perhaps we need to try to win the race to that. Hopefully we're able to come up with a nice set of shared graphics libraries for games that would be able to assist.

Maybe we should try to produce one for the Nspire CX as well, now that we know it supports Lua! Colors galore!
Oh yeah, we still need a topic about that! Why such slacking around here? Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Hopefully we're able to come up with a nice set of shared graphics libraries for games that would be able to assist.

We already have people working on that Razz
That's excellent work, merthsoft! What did you make of Prizm development in C?
Why, I can make a hat or a brooch or a pterodactyl...

It was pretty simple, though. I'm using Visual Studio, which makes the coding go pretty quickly. I'm pretty rusty in C, so there's a good deal or re-learning going on, but it's not terrible. Once I get a makefile for it, development should go by much faster, because hopefully I can use Visual Studio to call out to compile it, too. Unless there's a command-line tool for making to Prizm programs that I'm not aware of you have to open it up in this project-manager-type-thing and compile it in there, which isn't terrible, but switching between the programs does slow me down a little bit.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Hopefully we're able to come up with a nice set of shared graphics libraries for games that would be able to assist.

We already have people working on that Razz
We do? I've seen and heard nothing about this; it seems that our set of Prizm and Nspire CX news is sadly out of date! A despicable state of affairs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours