https://www.parkbills.tv/?mid=1063612

Buy 1 get 1 free! Thats two $2 bills, a $60 value, yours for just $10!!!

I have lost all faith in humanity...

You did a good job selling it, but you gotta sell it a little bit better than a text link Wink Also, "lost all faith in humanity" isn't a good way to end a sales push.

You still haven't sold me yet Rolling Eyes
hahahaha That's amusing.

Though, saw a $2 bill not too long ago, I used to collect those things.
Isn't this just a regular $2 bill with extra stuff drawn on top?
Kerm, that is correct.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Kerm, that is correct.
Then isn't that defacement of money, and isn't that illegal?
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Kerm, that is correct.
Then isn't that defacement of money, and isn't that illegal?

not if the government does it itself. wait, this is a government sponsored bill, right?
I'm under the impression that all the advertisements and such that you see for collector currency are from third-party companies unassociated with the US government or the Mint.
I LOL'd when I saw this.... o.O
Is this just a late and lame April Fool's?
0rac343 wrote:
I 0x5'd when I saw this.... o.O
Is this just a late and lame April Fool's?

nope, I saw this on TV actually
Hehe, I just noticed the top of the page:

Quote:
Makes the Perfect Holiday Gift • Only -99 More Days Until Christmas • Order Your Parks $2 Bills Today!
Negative 99 days until Christmas! Anyway, the company appears to be "New England Mint", which itself is part of "Nationaltvbargains.com". Take a look at:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/new-england-mint-c395562.html

"They don't actually deface the bill-what you get is a vinyl overlay which is adhered to the real two dollar bill. It easily peels off and you are left with a crisp two dollar bill in one hand, and a crappy looking overlay in your other hand, and a stupid look on your face."

That explains how they avoid defacement charges.
Almost all TV ads now are just total rubbish! Buy this cheap piece of plastic, and get a second on FREE! A $3,000,000,000,000 value, but call now and it can be yours for only $19.95!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours