» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
DShiznit wrote:
Oh hell yeah I'd love to play with you guys. I also suck, so I won't be too much of a challenge, but I do enjoy getting my @$$ handed to me in creative ways. So how do we do this, I just sign up for Voobly and I can play with you guys?
As long as you already have AoE2 and the Conquerors expansion, then yup. Smile
Yeah. My disc is broken so I'll need to mount an ISO, but other than that I should be good to go.
DShiznit wrote:
Yeah. My disc is broken so I'll need to mount an ISO, but other than that I should be good to go.
Sounds good. Make sure that you get all the patches and stuff for it from Microsoft. I think I have the patches around somewhere if you need.
I have Voobly set up and everything, but I'm getting some severe graphical glitches in AOE2 on my new win7 comp. Grass has bright red and green dots all over it, and my water is purple...
DShiznit wrote:
I have Voobly set up and everything, but I'm getting some severe graphical glitches in AOE2 on my new win7 comp. Grass has bright red and green dots all over it, and my water is purple...
Do you have it full-screened, or windowed? Are you using the Voobly win32 patch and/or resolution patch? If so, what happens when you turn them both off?
DShiznit wrote:

I was reading about that and thought I would have the issue, but I didn't, I believe I read that there is a patch for that, but I am not 100% positive.
Yeah, make sure that you installed all the official patches if you checked the things I said in my first post, DShiznit.
I already did install the latest patch for Conquerors, but I'll see if I can run in windowed mode. One more thing, it takes several minutes for the Conquerors to start up. Are there any patches for this?
DShiznit wrote:
I already did install the latest patch for Conquerors, but I'll see if I can run in windowed mode. One more thing, it takes several minutes for the Conquerors to start up. Are there any patches for this?
The Conquerors expansion isn't really a patch. I think there are three or four patches for the original AoE2 released by Microsoft and another one for Conquerors.
*bump* Awesomely amazing match with TIFreak8x! He held me off for a very very long time:

http://www.voobly.com/match/view/4350958
It definitely was a fun match, Kerm. I just need to hone my tactics and skills again.
tifreak8x wrote:
It definitely was a fun match, Kerm. I just need to hone my tactics and skills again.
Care to discuss it? I think you have Britons down very well; I believe you might enjoy trying some alternative civilizations, and I definitely think your economic strategies need to improve. Smile
From what I've read, the issues I'm having are common among Win7. The game has worked fine for me on a few of my other older computers, so I'll just set up Voobly on one of them.
DShiznit wrote:
From what I've read, the issues I'm having are common among Win7. The game has worked fine for me on a few of my other older computers, so I'll just set up Voobly on one of them.
Excellent, I look forward to challenging you to a few games! Depending on how our skill levels work out, I'll either have to play against you and several others, or we can come up with a combination of Grant, TIFreak8, and Sonlen.
I haven't been posting my progress, but I got AoEII installed on my laptop. Unfortunately, I'm going to need to keep 10.6 around. It won't run on 10.7!

This will be fun Smile
comicIDIOT, let's play, then! Did you install the Conquerors expansion, the patches, and Voobly?
Not sure, I read up on Voobly and it sounds like it's part of Conquerors. I'm positive I have Conquerors, though.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Not sure, I read up on Voobly and it sounds like it's part of Conquerors. I'm positive I have Conquerors, though.
No, it's a standalone program to play over the internet. Register for and install Voobly, and we can try a game?
Didn't expect someone to post so fast; Split my post.

Stupid me, just saw the download. Haven't found an OS X download though.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Didn't expect someone to post so fast; Split my post.

Stupid me, just saw the download. Haven't found an OS X download though.
Oh no, I hope that they have one! If not, is it possible for you to play from Windows?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours