DShiznit wrote:
I have an old laptop battery I can't use anymore anyway if anyone has a pool we can test this in...

That sounds like a terrible idea. Much, MUCH, more so if it is an old NiCad battery or something like that instead of Lithium (Cadmium is insanely toxic).
No it's lithium-ion. I was thinking we build a contraption that can drop it from a distance, than connect the contacts and hold it over the pool until it overheats and explodes, at which point we drop it and see if it continues to burn...
You'll need to figure out some way to make sure lithium hydroxide doesn't give chemical burns to people who use the pool.
we could do it with a cheap plastic pool that we can dispose of afterward...
elfprince13 wrote:
You'll need to figure out some way to make sure lithium hydroxide doesn't give chemical burns to people who use the pool.
That's what the byproduct is, thanks; I totally forgot how to do redox reactions. Sad Anyway, we're getting slightly off-topic.
Sometimes I sleep at my desk in my nerd-cave, so, technically, the desk and the ghetto-chair-bed become my bed. As such, I can say I sleep with two monitors and a tower Wink Razz
TsukasaZX wrote:
Sometimes I sleep at my desk in my nerd-cave, so, technically, the desk and the ghetto-chair-bed become my bed. As such, I can say I sleep with two monitors and a tower Wink Razz
Haha, nice, although I must say that that sounds hugely uncomfortable to me. As someone who spent several years sleeping on a row of chairs, I know firsthand how not like a bed they are.
KermMartian wrote:
TsukasaZX wrote:
Haha, nice, although I must say that that sounds hugely uncomfortable to me. As someone who spent several years sleeping on a row of chairs, I know firsthand how not like a bed they are.

It varies for me. Sometimes it's really comfy, other times it's not. I'm pondering a way to re-rig my nerd-cave so I DO have a more "bed-like" thing to sleep on. My ultimate goal is to never have to get up for anything unrelated to non-sleep bodily functions or class Razz
/me envisions TsukasaZX slowly growing into a chair-shaped blob. Very Happy You could get a Laziboy-type recliner, I suppose...
KermMartian wrote:
/me envisions TsukasaZX slowly growing into a chair-shaped blob. Very Happy You could get a Laziboy-type recliner, I suppose...

Hahah Laughing
A La-z-boy wouldn't even fit in my nerd-cave. I'm thinking about stealing the two-seater from the dorm room's main area. Only problem is there's no room for THAT either, unless I move the fridge or the bookshelf. :/
Ah, size is always an issue. I'd love to have a tiny little couch in my room, but like you, I have space constraints. Sad
I have an Alarm Clock app on my Mom's hacked PSP but I haven't used it yet.
DShiznit wrote:
I have an Alarm Clock app on my Mom's hacked PSP but I haven't used it yet.
That's not bad. I think I need some kind of advanced alarm clock that hooks into my speaker system and requires me to get all the way out of bed to turn it off, though. Smile
Use a scheduled task on your computer to launch a noisy program that requires you to enter a pin or solve a math or logic problem to close it.
DShiznit wrote:
Use a scheduled task on your computer to launch a noisy program that requires you to enter a pin or solve a math or logic problem to close it.
I would indeed do that; the problem is that I don't want to leave my power-hungry, noisy desktop on all night just for that. Smile
AH, but you don't have to. Windows will wake your computer if it's in stand-by to run scheduled tasks..
DShiznit wrote:
AH, but you don't have to. Windows will wake your computer if it's in stand-by to run scheduled tasks..
Oooh, that would be handy! Then I'd be forced to type in my password to log in to turn off the alarm, which would be a good way to force myself to be awake. I'll have to give that a try.
I used to do that all the time, until my parents got annoyed hearing "One minute to auto-destruct" repeated for 10 minutes...
DShiznit wrote:
I used to do that all the time, until my parents got annoyed hearing "One minute to auto-destruct" repeated for 10 minutes...
Yeah, my main concern with some kind of speakers/get-out-of-bed system would be annoying my flatmate with whatever sound is persistent and annoying enough to awaken me.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours