After one less than successful alpha release to a limited few Cemetechians, I am happy to present Doors CS 7.2 Beta 1, the first version of Doors CS to introduce Direct USB gCn. With a simple miniUSB cable, you can connect your Doors CS-powered calculator to the internet. Included in this release are a Windows and Linux version. Future versions will re-introduce the Mac OS X version, once Elfprince13 gets a chance to do a bit of development. This version, while working, still has a few glitches and quirks. Firstly, be sure to read the README.txt file included; at this point you must connect the gCnClient before you start Doors CS or your Cn2.2-enabled program. This version fixes a handful of non-CALCnet2.2 bugs, but it is believed that Direct USB is still unstable in rare circumstances. Please give this version a try; you can use Chat+IRCHub to test connecting your calculator to IRC, or Oblitr8+oblithub to play Obliterate with fellow Cemetechians. Please give it a try and post your feedback in the attached thread!

Note: Please, please read the README before you test this!

Download:
Doors CS 7.2 Beta 1

Awesome, just.. pure... awesome!

I am going to test this first thing after school tommorw Very Happy

(wooks great, cant wait to try it, I am sure it will be awesome with all the time put into it Very Happy)
I get this after opening Chat and trying to send something. http://pastebin.com/3sbGEeG8 I can't wait to see what is to come.

EDIT:: If it doesn't work out at first, change USB ports.
I am not sure what went wrong, but I get this after I install the filter and run the batch while on the homescreen on my calculator (TI-84+SE)

Code:

C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\dcs72b1>gcnclient.exe -d d -n oblithub -l SonlenDUSB
Info: Using default server host gcnhub.cemetech.net
Info: Using default port 4295
Could not find/open device
Failed to open Direct USB connection to calculator.
ParkerR wrote:
I get this after opening Chat and trying to send something. http://pastebin.com/3sbGEeG8 I can't wait to see what is to come.
How quickly did you start Chat after you start the gCnClient? At the moment the timing is a bit finicky because the OS likes to interrupt.

Edit: Sonlen, most likely you didn't install the filter driver properly. You have to actually run the filter driver program after you install the package.
I waiting at least 3 seconds iirc.
ParkerR wrote:
I waiting at least 3 seconds iirc.
Try to run prgmCHAT as soon as you see "Direct USB connection created successfully.".
darnit! It seems that the filter driver is not reconizing my calc >.>
KermMartian wrote:
Edit: Sonlen, most likely you didn't install the filter driver properly. You have to actually run the filter driver program after you install the package.

Unless it is possible to click the wrong driver to install it is correct, I just uninstalled and reinstalled it to double check and still the same exact error.
Sonlen, you mean you ran the Filter Wizard and installed the filter driver for your calculator though that?
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen, you mean you ran the Filter Wizard and installed the filter driver for your calculator though that?

If you mean I ran the filter wizard and installed the driver for my calculator then yes, 2 times since I sent the DUSB DCS Beta to my calculator.
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

If you mean I ran the filter wizard and installed the driver for my calculator then yes, 2 times since I sent the DUSB DCS Beta to my calculator.
You just repeated the same thing that I said. Rolling Eyes I'm not sure what the problem could be, then. Is your calculator at the homescreen when you run the gCnclient?
Great job on the beta, Kerm!
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

You just repeated the same thing that I said. Rolling Eyes I'm not sure what the problem could be, then. Is your calculator at the homescreen when you run the gCnclient?

Yes, and it never finds the calculator, everytime I have run the batch I get the same exact error....
Thanks for the ray of positivity, Souvik. Smile

Sonlen: Are you specifying -d d?
Sonlen, can you try installing TiLP, unchecking all the drivers durring the install, and see if that sees it? If it doesn't then the filter driver is not installed properly.
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks for the ray of positivity, Souvik. Smile

Sonlen: Are you specifying -d d?

I have no idea what those are for, I just know I have the .bat set up how you said in the readme.
If you run gcnclient.exe -h, it shows all the different options. What command-line flags are you running with gcnclient.exe?
oh, you can ignore me, turns out it was already installed...

/me slaps self
Try a different USB port, that's what I had to do on my computer.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours