oh, I see. Sounded like a fun adventure then, perhaps I can participate one day, as I live near Kerm XD
Awww, Kerm's so.... WAIT. Is that the pig from winnie the pooh on the desk?
merthsoft wrote:
Yes, that's Piglet. And who ever here that belongs to, I have one too.
It's mine Smile
One has to wonder how long these pics will stay up once Kerm makes it on here :p lol
Selected photos from my album (click any to enlarge).

Shaun serenades me on his guitar:

Driving up to Vermont from Shaun's house:

Various shots with the gang:

(Some of the) Cemetech staff reunited! From left, Courtney, Thomas "Elfprince13" Dickerson, Christopher "Kerm Martian" Mitchell, and Shaun "Merthsoft" McFall!
I love merth's shirt when he's playing the guitar. I can only read the word "DIVA" though.
graphmastur wrote:
I love merth's shirt when he's playing the guitar. I can only read the word "DIVA" though.
The full phrase on his shirt is "Market Research Diva". Smile
graphmastur wrote:

I think my favorite is his hat.
elfprince13 wrote:
graphmastur wrote:

For some reason that hat makes him look a lot like a leprechaun to me; not sure why.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
graphmastur wrote:

For some reason that hat makes him look a lot like a leprechaun to me; not sure why.

I think merth is a leprechaun >Very Happy

let us steal his gold!
I think the problem is that his sunglasses throw me off. Also, we taught Courtney to solder, and she did much of the soldering for the Arduino gCn bridge. We also found that Thomas had a common-anode RGB LED instead of a common-cathode LED, but that was easy to solve.
KermMartian wrote:
I think the problem is that his sunglasses throw me off. Also, we taught Courtney to solder, and she did much of the soldering for the Arduino gCn bridge. We also found that Thomas had a common-anode RGB LED instead of a common-cathode LED, but that was easy to solve.

But we didn't make the common-cathode/anode ifdef's did we?
No, we didn't, mainly because usually only I have access to the source code. Smile I should do so in case someone accidentally buys a common anode LED and I need to make them a special firmware version, though.
Just out of curiosity, and pardon my electrical engineering smarts, but why does an the difference between an anode and a cathode LED matter enough for different FW versions?

If someone - like me - buys an anode and uses a cathode thinking it's a cathode, I'd run the cathode FW wouldn't I? Would the program cease to run if that were to happen or would it turn up an error prompting for a different FW?
When you say FW, you mean firmware, right? Based on your usage, I don't think you are fully cognizant of what anode and cathode means. Smile In something like an LED (or a battery, for instance), there is only one proper way to connect it to positive and negative. You can't switch it around. The two leads are labeled anode (positive) and cathode (negative), and power flows from the anode to the cathode. In a common-anode RGB LED, you connect +V to one lead, and ground one or more pins to turn one or more of the LEDs (R/G/B) on. In a common-cathode LED, you connect ground to one lead, and connect one or more of the pins to +V to turn one or more of the LEDs (R/G/B) on.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Just out of curiosity, and pardon my electrical engineering smarts, but why does an the difference between an anode and a cathode LED matter enough for different FW versions?

If someone - like me - buys an anode and uses a cathode thinking it's a cathode, I'd run the cathode FW wouldn't I? Would the program cease to run if that were to happen or would it turn up an error prompting for a different FW?

You could still connect it, but a lot of things would be backwards. Basically all your lights would be on all the time, and toggle off when they were supposed to toggle on.
Which is exactly what happened with Thomas' gCn Bridge until we modified the firmware to turn the LEDs on when it was turning them off, and off when it was turning them on.
Also, check out the kind of graffiti they get in Vermont:
Ah yes, that was very different from the graffiti we get here in New York. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 124, 125, 126  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 87 of 126
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours