2 minutes 40 seconds? That is quite a while actually. None of mine surpass a minute and 15 seconds (although I could be wrong)
Hey the John Philip Sousa song is really long, how is that able to fit?

EDIT: woah i just figured out that the song repeated itself... Well, that cuts the amount of memory it takes up in half!
Haha, 10th Man Down by Nightwish. I love Nightwish!
oh, yeah, you see, it is possible to edit the code so that it shortens the song, so that is why

wait, how much RAM do you have free?
Well i have a ti-84+ silver edition so i have 24kb that i can use.
and how much of it is free? (go to the memory management menu and see how much bytes are free under RAM)
I have about 23.5kb free, and the song full length with all the parts is 60kb

Cut in half it is 35kb
O_o yeah, I think you made the song way to long/too many tracks
Oh yeah! I used a Midi-editor and now it's 22.5KB! hah that leaves me 1 kb of ram to do other stuff.

And is the file supposed to end with END or .end?
Oooor you could archive it and save all you ram, that way as long as it is being run by the shell it will be in RAM, but when it is done, it will go back to ARchive

I assume you have DCS and the MT3 player on your calc, right?
yup. Hey and the file isn't showing up... when i click on the other files in the prgm list, they open up the mt3 player, but when i click on my song, it says:
ERROR # 520
BASIC Ex ERR:MEM
yeah, because there is enough in Archive, but not enough in RAM, just because there is enough space to hold it in RAM does not mean there is enough to both hold in RAM and do all the ASM backround stuff (same prob with Castlevania I guess)
nooooo! ahh back to editing.
The MIDI size and the MT3 compiled size are very much not the same. The most important optimization is to OMIT the percussion/drums track, if there is one. It will generally sound bad, and inflates the file size enormously.
KermMartian wrote:
The MIDI size and the MT3 compiled size are very much not the same. The most important optimization is to OMIT the percussion/drums track, if there is one. It will generally sound bad, and inflates the file size enormously.

ooooh, he was referring to the MIDI size? Oh god, my bad

What Kerm said >.>
Hey inside the file, is it supposed to end with 'END' or '.end'? I see then both in the file.
It's supposed to end with both for TASM compatibilty, but it doesn't really matter.
You're welcome to pastebin the code so we can see what it looks like, if you want. Also, have you introduced yourself in the Introduce Yourself thread yet?
Supercrazu,aster wrote:
Hey inside the file, is it supposed to end with 'END' or '.end'? I see then both in the file.

Both, what is in the code should stay. Just keep on reudcining the size of the MIDI until the compiled prgm is about.. ohh.. 1000 or 2000 <Iforgetwhattypethecalcuses>bytes?
Hey just to make sure, what is the application you are supposed to convert with? You never know, i might be using the wrong one.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours