The bad thing would be if you have to explicitly negotiate that in code. I'm hoping that whatever bcall and interrupt code I'm hooking into is going to take care of any such negotiation for me, but once again, I'm well-used-to code not working as intelligently or correctly as I hope. I guess my next step in general has to be trying to figure out some nice tight bounds on the parameters for failure.

Edit: I think I need to make sure I'm calculating frame sizes correctly when a second piece arrives...
I'd be OK with RAM clears as well Smile
1 thing:
JUST WOW OMG THIS IS AWESOME

ok 0x5

When will the version of DCS that supports this be released?

wait, this isnt wireless?
if not, will that get implented in the future?
Lionel (and other RAM-clear-happy people), I did some testing with Jonimus last night, and besides getting the Linux gCnClient in what seems like proper order (pending USBHID and Arduino bridge verifiction [Shaun, Thomas, remind me to bring both with me on my trip tomorrow]), we did some more testing. It seems that all the problems are in the calculator's receiving code, likely something in the complex USB state machine that the OS uses. We'll see.
Cool! Will the beta also be for Linux? (My pc is to slow for win98 :S )
Sorunome wrote:
Cool! Will the beta also be for Linux? (My pc is to slow for win98 :S )
Yes, if you read the post I made right above yours, Jonimus and I tested the Linux gCnClient port with Direct USB last night, and it seemed to work just as well as the Windows version other than the calc-side glitches.
whoops, srry. I could also test it if you wan't but as I'm not a programmer (exept Ti-Basic) I couldn't help debugging.
Sorunome wrote:
whoops, srry. I could also test it if you wan't but as I'm not a programmer (exept Ti-Basic) I couldn't help debugging.
No problem, you could certainly help with debugging as far as testing out Chat, Obliterate, and other CALCnet 2.2 games over gCn with the Direct USB link. Smile
I'd love to help test too. I've got linux so the linux client will be tested as well when I get the time. Today I wont be that open because I'm going to be with friends but tomorrow I should be open.
Eeems wrote:
I'd love to help test too. I've got linux so the linux client will be tested as well when I get the time. Today I wont be that open because I'm going to be with friends but tomorrow I should be open.
Excellent, I look forward to the help. Maybe we'll even be able to get a full eight-person Obliterate game going; that would be awesome!
Well I know this is probably obvious, but I will help test on anything and everything (including beta DCS's for compatibility), as I am no longer grounded, so I will be waiting for testing. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Eeems wrote:
Excellent, I look forward to the help. Maybe we'll even be able to get a full eight-person Obliterate game going; that would be awesome!
That would be most excellent.
HOLY CRAP, already? I could have sworn I would not be seeing this until summer, or something! This is awesome! I cannot wait to try it out O_o

/me waits for release and readme

This is just amazing, just think, a while from now there will be people playing CNT online Very Happy

you sir, are a <dieity>
Just like the others, I'm willing to test Direct USB.
Sonlen wrote:
Well I know this is probably obvious, but I will help test on anything and everything (including beta DCS's for compatibility),
I don't think you'll need to, the code for DirectUSB was written in to a new version of DCS; it will not work on anything below what will be released. Just a heads up and time saver.
Quote:
as I am no longer grounded, so I will be waiting for testing. Very Happy
Also, that's good news ;P
comicIDIOT wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
Well I know this is probably obvious, but I will help test on anything and everything (including beta DCS's for compatibility),
I don't think you'll need to, the code for DirectUSB was written in to a new version of DCS; it will not work on anything below what will be released. Just a heads up and time saver.
Quote:

I knew that, but unless I am mistaken, the new version still isn't released, so I was getting at any future bug testing etc. for that version.
Sonlen wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
Quote:

I knew that, but unless I am mistaken, the new version still isn't released, so I was getting at any future bug testing etc. for that version.
Ah, got it Smile
Qazz, you flatter me, my good sir. Smile I hope I'll be able to live up to your expectations with this. Sonlen, congrats on not being grounded and having the opportunity to help us test soon. JosJuice, most superbulous, Windows?
well, I fully expect to use CALCnet games and play them on gCn with a simple USB cable, looks like that is right around the corner, so, yes, I do live up to said expectations XD
It's closer than around the corner; I was actually chatting on #cemetech last night, but the USB receive code still has some buginess. Sonlen is nagging me enough on Skype that I'll try to get something done by tonight in between all the other things that I'm working on. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours