The calculator's socket is really small, and most 2.5mm cables won't fit without some trimming.
souvik1997 wrote:
The calculator's socket is really small, and most 2.5mm cables won't fit without some trimming.
Exactly, especially on the TI-84s with their recessed socket. Did you scroll down to the comments and read, elfprince?
I didn't, but I haven't had difficulties with Radioshacked 2.5mm jacks in the past so I wasn't expecting difficulty.
elfprince13 wrote:
I didn't, but I haven't had difficulties with Radioshacked 2.5mm jacks in the past so I wasn't expecting difficulty.
You haven't? Sad I've had difficulties with at least two different kinds of their jacks.
Bummer, the ones I've gotten have always tapered towards the small end.
elfprince13 wrote:
Bummer, the ones I've gotten have always tapered towards the small end.
Well, let's hope that you get lucky and get plugs that work well, then. What's the eta on your goodies?
Not sure, I went with the USPS shipping option which I don't think has proper tracking.
elfprince13 wrote:
Not sure, I went with the USPS shipping option which I don't think has proper tracking.
Good call, much cheaper. Smile I hope that you'll be able to confirm or deny the existence of a possible Arduino gCn bug, because Merth seems to very occasionally have odd behavior that I think is his calculator, but could be his bridge
Ooh, it looks like USPS does have tracking now, and my package is out for delivery today. Hope dad got the mailbox cleared off.
elfprince13 wrote:
Ooh, it looks like USPS does have tracking now, and my package is out for delivery today. Hope dad got the mailbox cleared off.
Haha, silly Vermonters and your snow. Very Happy Let me know if I need to bring any components, wires, etc when Merth and I visit that you may be lacking.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Haha, silly Vermonters and your snow. Very Happy Let me know if I need to bring any components, wires, etc when Merth and I visit that you may be lacking.

I have both hot glue and solder, a spool of random wires, and an Arduino+2.5mm jack. Am I missing anything? It may be good to bring some wires since I'm not sure about the integrity of mine.
Well, some LEDs wouldn't go amiss for the dual purposes of eye-candy and debugging, and of course their associated 330-ohm resistors.
KermMartian wrote:
Well, some LEDs wouldn't go amiss for the dual purposes of eye-candy and debugging, and of course their associated 330-ohm resistors.

Do you have some extras? Or should I make an attempt to RadioShack them?
I have extra regular LEDs if you're happy with that; I'm afraid my RGBs are in short supply.
KermMartian wrote:
I have extra regular LEDs if you're happy with that; I'm afraid my RGBs are in short supply.

If I were to go shopping for RGB LEDs and resistors, can you give me a specific parts list to track down?
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

If I were to go shopping for RGB LEDs and resistors, can you give me a specific parts list to track down?
Where you will be shopping, online or at RadioShack?
Either is fine, though RadioShacks around here aren't that huge so it's possible I'd have to go online anyway.
elfprince13 wrote:
Either is fine, though RadioShacks around here aren't that huge so it's possible I'd have to go online anyway.
Here's for RadioShack:
RGB LED [$2.99]: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3020765
Five 330-ohm resistors [$0.99]: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062341

Sparkfun list:
RGB LED [$1.95]: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9264
3x 330-ohm resistors [$0.75]: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8377
W00t =) I'll have to get over to Radioshack before you arrive so I can decide whether or not to take the Sparkfun route.
elfprince13 wrote:
W00t =) I'll have to get over to Radioshack before you arrive so I can decide whether or not to take the Sparkfun route.
Aight, that's a plan. It's not a big deal if we just use three of the 3mm LEDs that I have lying around instead, and I of course have tons of the resistors.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 6 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours