souvik1997 wrote:
That enemy looks like a sw4st1ka. Wink
Oh, I thought it just looked like rolling spiky disk thing. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
That enemy looks like a sw4st1ka. Wink
Oh, I thought it just looked like rolling spiky disk thing. Smile

Same here, like a glaive or something
Is that a technical name for a ninja star? Because I realized that's the general concept that I was trying to think of.
A glaive is like a large 5-pointed 'ninja star', or 'shuriken'. Same idea, spins and gores the target, just larger and a bit unwieldy if I understand correctly.
I don't do the whole Jew hating thing, but here's the demo!
http://www.filedropper.com/030411demo

Please post feedback.
Alpha to swap gravity, 2nd to pick up boxes, arrow keys to move, up or down to jump.
Press + or - to change levels.
Okay, I've added a whole ton of screenshots to the first post.
Is it just me, or is this identical to your Axe Contest entry? Am I missing something? Smile Still looks very cool and fun, of course. Oh, and the greyscale looks slightly shaking at times; is that the fault of Axe or your screenshotting utility?
Nope, the game mechanics are very different. Sprites for the most part stayed the same, though ^^
Greyscale looks fine IRL, I think it's the emulator.
leafiness0 wrote:
Nope, the game mechanics are very different. Sprites for the most part stayed the same, though ^^
Greyscale looks fine IRL, I think it's the emulator.
Ah, I saw the box you could push around and the doors and sprites and immediately jumped to your contest entry. Glad to hear that the grayscale looks good in real life.
So I decided that Graviter needed a full revamping, and so I mashed up the graphics and used the new physics engine Zedd by Builderboy to achieve quite the epic:

Wow, that looks very, very nice. I wasn't aware that BuilderBoy was still working on his physics engine.
_player1537 wrote:
Wow, that looks very, very nice. I wasn't aware that BuilderBoy was still working on his physics engine.
I didn't know that BuilderBoy was working on a physics engine at all! We should get him to come and tell us more about it. But agreed, very nice job on that, leaf. It looks stupendous.
Builderboy's physics stuff was from a long time ago. I remember being utterly amazed when I saw them.

And as for Graviter, absolutely brilliant.
Deep Thought wrote:
Builderboy's physics stuff was from a long time ago. I remember being utterly amazed when I saw them.

And as for Graviter, absolutely brilliant.
Ah, that could explain why it seems like a foreign project to me. And heartily agreed on the last. When is this going to show up in the Cemetech archives? Wink
Not for a long while - I just started rewriting it ^^ But it's looking moar epic than ever, especially since Zedd 2 just came out Razz
leafiness0 wrote:
Not for a long while - I just started rewriting it ^^ But it's looking moar epic than ever, especially since Zedd 2 just came out Razz
Good deal; I hope you'll at least keep us up to date with more mouth-watering screenshots as you go!
New screenie - also I'm entering this into the zContest:

This looks purely AWESOME!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours