souvik1997 wrote:
I hope that goes well. Smile
Thanks Souvik, I appreciate it. Smile I'm not sure exactly where I want to start with this, but I think I noticed some GUI stuff that was suboptimal. That's on Page 1, not Page 0, but it still might be a step in the right direction.
elfprince13 wrote:
Merth: C is a delightful language Razz Much more so than most of its dialects.

TheStorm wrote:
Mono does binary releases that should work on most Macs, assuming there is Libusbdotnet support you should be gold or am I missing something?

I am meh-ing at Mono in general.

I guess we'll just have to disagree on the first point. I'd rather program in C++ or C# or Java than C. It's gross and unwieldy.

As for Mono, why are you meh-ing at Mono? It's wonderful!
I got lucky! Among the usual painful one-byte-at-a-time optimizations, i found three unused routines on page 0 to strip out. That gave me 107 new bytes on Page 0, 4 bytes on Page 1, and no bytes on Page 2.

Code:
Page 0 is 16143 bytes long (241 bytes to spare)
Page 1 is 16366 bytes long (18 bytes to spare)
Page 2 is 16122 bytes long (262 bytes to spare)

Good night to all.
Wow, that is indeed very lucky! Very Happy Good job on finding those. Smile
Kerm, great! Smile
Thanks _player, Souvik! I appreciate your support and encouragement. This morning before my coffee I just changed an image/sprite that was create 3x4 text in the first screen of the Easter Egg to normal 3x5 text in strings, yielding a savings of 66 bytes:

Code:
Page 0 is 16077 bytes long (307 bytes to spare)
Can you move the Easter Egg to Page 2 to open up more space in Page 0?
merthsoft wrote:
Can you move the Easter Egg to Page 2 to open up more space in Page 0?
No can do, sorry, I only have 262 bytes free on Page 2. Sad

> Page 0: easteregg.asm is 509 bytes long

I think that 307 bytes might be enough to at least get USB transmission working so we can see how it goes.
Hmm, ok. I guess I didn't expect it to be that big. Have you tried removing all the comments?
merthsoft wrote:
Hmm, ok. I guess I didn't expect it to be that big. Have you tried removing all the comments?
Either you're making a joke (hehe, nice one) or I missed something.
*bump* Converted the Properties text input window (folder name, program rename) to use PushGUIStacks instead of a series of PushGUIStack calls, saving 32 bytes.

Code:
Page 0 is 16077 bytes long (307 bytes to spare)
Page 1 is 16334 bytes long (50 bytes to spare)
Page 2 is 16122 bytes long (262 bytes to spare)
Nice work =)
elfprince13 wrote:
Nice work =)
Thanks! Now I need to start actually implementing the USB code, which I have been continually dragging my feet on. One thing I need to find out is if port $4D continues to get updated with the status of whether a USB cable is plugged in without the TI-OS interrupt running. It would be much easier for me if it does...
It seems to me that should be hardware controlled, not software controlled, but of course TI doesn't always choose the sanest way to do things.
elfprince13 wrote:
It seems to me that should be hardware controlled, not software controlled, but of course TI doesn't always choose the sanest way to do things.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too; I would expect the ports to all be controlled by the custom ASIC rather than by the firmware/software. I'll start with trying that without the TI-OS; I'll make another debug pixel on the bottom of the screen with the others and see if it will turn on and off what I plug and unplug the USB cable.
*bump* Cable detection is in place. A routine that should theoretically allow transmission of data over USB from the Cn2.2 send buffer is in place. Attempts to work around the TI-OS triggering its own interrupts is in place. Crashiness is also in place.
Good to hear your making progress, let me know why you get into the PC side stuff. Which reminds me a CalcNet FTP program is in order I think.
KermMartian wrote:
*bump* Cable detection is in place. A routine that should theoretically allow transmission of data over USB from the Cn2.2 send buffer is in place. Attempts to work around the TI-OS triggering its own interrupts is in place. Crashiness is also in place.

Sounds like a party! I hope we have something testable in time for next weekend!
Elfprince13, we can only hope. I'm more or less coding blind, thanks to a lack of USB emulation in any of the calculator emulators. TheStorm, I have a simple program from Shaun that will dump ASCII data received to the terminal and typed to the calculator for the purposes of testing, I'll let you know when it's time to make the PC side for real.
I think between the three of us, the PC-side will be very straight forward (especially with TheStorm's help).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours