Hello,
I do not have the electronics know-how to build a gCn bridge. So, I would like to request that someone build one for me that knows better, and I would be willing to pay them 120% of the cost.
I'd be willing to flash the microcontrollers for you guys, and ship them, but I don't have the free time to build the boards, unfortunately. Sad I bet there might be someone else around here with the patience, though.
So I know this is kind of necroposting, but it seems like the most appropriate topic to post this....

I just found out about Club Jameco, where you can submit an electronics project and Jameco will sell it as a kit (and you would get royalties for each kit sold). This looks like a great way to make this project available to the masses so that all we have to do is assemble the parts.

(Of course, I'm not sure if Jameco would pre-flash the microcontroller or if the end-user will have to flash it.)

Would you be willing to sell this and/or some of your other electronics projects as kits through Club Jameco?
Come to think of it, you can do something similar through Seeed.
I'd be quite interested in either or both of these options. I'll have to look into how much overhead they levy onto the DIYer, though. Have either of you had experience with either service personally?
KermMartian wrote:
I'd be quite interested in either or both of these options. I'll have to look into how much overhead they levy onto the DIYer, though. Have either of you had experience with either service personally?

Nope. I actually got an email from Jameco this morning about their new Club Jameco, and the first thing I thought was how this could be used for TI calculator electronics projects like the AVRlink or your gCn bridge.
If life ever settles down for me. And I get unlazy and learn how the thing called snail mail works. I'll gladly make bridges for people
My concern with Seeed/Club Jameco is that the volume of sales (and/or whether it became a kit in the first place via the voting system) wouldn't make the effort for setting up the kits in the first place. I like Geekboy's idea, though, and if there was sufficient interest, I'd be happy to get PCBs made via Dorkbot or similar.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours