I would recommend Rockbox Travis, it's far better than the stock firmware. The only issue I've had with it is that it doesn't support linking, so you'll need to boot the stock firmware if you want to transfer files: or just remove the expansion chip and interface with it directly.

Also, kudos on the project to move to open source audio formats. I'm almost done converting to flac and ogg. Smile
Is there an advantage to using open source audio formats?
merthsoft wrote:
Is there an advantage to using open source audio formats?

A feeling of calm and peace when you sleep at night.
Are there any real advantages?
flac is actually an awesome lossless audio format, and ogg doesn't require nasty codecs to play in GNU/Linux.
allynfolksjr wrote:
ogg doesn't require nasty codecs to play in GNU/Linux.
That's fair. I've never really tried to play mp3s on Linux, so I guess I've missed all the fun.
I have used a 2gb Insignia Sport mp3 player for years, and only recently has the dial started to die (though still usable). Though, other's suggestions may be a better choice. Also, just a random note, I originally thought I was only going to get 50 or so songs, but I am currently up to 300+ :/
linky please Very Happy? I cannot seem to find a good link, only accessories for it `-`
qazz42 wrote:
linky please Very Happy? I cannot seem to find a good link, only accessories for it `-`
To which, the insignia sports? Or the Fuze?
Here's the link to the Insignia Sport 2gb.
_player1537 wrote:
No longer available there, but $25 on eBay! Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
No longer available there, but $25 on eBay! Very Happy

yesss, it is on Amazon too, as soon as I get the chronos watch, this is on my list next Very Happy
I can't personally vouch for anything, since I just use my phone, but I've always thought the Meizu line of players looked interesting. Some of them support FLAC lossless, which was the main point of interest for me. They also support a few video formats.

Search Amazon.com for "meizu" to see some of the models they have there. I'm not sure where else you can buy them.
I've stopped using Apple products when mine broke and the store refused to fix it, and instead charged an exorbitant fee for it ($699 for 20GB Ipod Classic) Sad

Since then I have turned to Archos and Creative to give me what I need.
0rac343 wrote:
I've stopped using Apple products when mine broke and the store refused to fix it, and instead charged an exorbitant fee for it ($699 for 20GB Ipod Classic) Sad

That's Apple for you. They've become the very money-grubbing, controlling, evil, big brother empire they once stood against.
0rac343 wrote:

$700 to do what with it? You could buy ten new MP3 players for that price. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
$700 to do what with it?

Steve Jobs' Money Fountain

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours