I wasn't sure where to post this. So I'll put the topic in here.

Since October of last year, me and a good friend of mine have been working on a feature length independent film. And after a well received premiere, we have decided to put the video up on youtube to share with all of our family and friends.

So I have decided that on this forum is one of many good places to share this piece of work. Now, it's not a typical film, as most indie ones aren't. So I can't say I am sure everyone will like it. Actually I expect some people to rather get confused by it, bored, or flat out hate it. Regardless, there are some things you need to know before watching it.

1) The main character is in a dream.
2) There is no dialog.
3) There is a pacing, trust me.
4) If you are going to really try and watch this. Devote an entire hour and a half to it, don't whimp out halfway through, it's not worth it then.
5) Try and enjoy it!

And without further adieu, I give you Wake Up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h5c-Io3Rkk&hd=1
Hmm, looks promising, but unfortunetly, youtube refuses to load it (for me only, I assume) for some reason... it does not get past 1 second D:

if youtube cooperates with me later, I promise to watch it Smile

EDIT: Works in IE, something is wrong with my installation of Google Chrome (eh, I have an old version, should probably update)
Holy crap that's a long video! I didn't have time to watch it all, but clicked through it. It looks really good for a home-made film! I really wish the lighting would've been better throughout most of what I saw. I love the music too. I thought about downloading it for the music. (ur listening to a band uber-geek.) I think it's a cool idea too. Maybe I'll watch it all tomorrow afternoon, while working on my CPU. ADHD, it's a curse and a blessing. (Please excuse my wimping out. I even wimp out on hour long oscilloscope reviews from the EEVBlog. And I LOVE oscilloscopes.)
Also, I wuz first to Like your video!!
i shall watch this tonight and edit in a more detailed response later. until then, let it be known that the first three minutes have sparked my interest!
I'm not sure whether the lack of dialog annoys me or makes the film better. I shall watch the rest to figure it out!

Good job though. I'm intrigued by it.
This sounds pretty cool. I'll take a look at some point. Nice perserverance on completing a project of this magnitude.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours