Ah, ok, fair enough. If it is too faster, I assume you will somehow manage to place some sort of restriction on it, right?

also, will there have to be some sort of option to switch between I/O and USB when USB is complete? or will calcnet just instantly try both, or what?
qazz42 wrote:
Ah, ok, fair enough. If it is too faster, I assume you will somehow manage to place some sort of restriction on it, right?

also, will there have to be some sort of option to switch between I/O and USB when USB is complete? or will calcnet just instantly try both, or what?
The interrupt will try to use only USB, even if it fails, when a USB cable is connected. Otherwise, it will try to use only I/O. And I can't think of a case where it could be "too fast".
ah, never mind on my first statemnt regarding it gong too fast

as for the second, ahhh, ok, I see what you mean, sounds fair enough
qazz42 wrote:
ah, never mind on my first statemnt regarding it gong too fast

as for the second, ahhh, ok, I see what you mean, sounds fair enough
Yet another aspect of CALCnet 2.2 that I realized is going to be difficult to implement in USB: under Cn2.2 over I/O, calculators can implicitly reject data if they're not ready for it by failing to accept it by not sending a checksum response. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that with USB.
KermMartian wrote:
DShiznit, the concern would be if the people playing were not all in the same place, as Souvik said. If I was a thousand miles away from you playing over global CALCnet, how could I aim? Smile And as merth says, a scrolling screen could work, but would be very challenging.

Well you'd obviously only use this feature if you had mulitple calcs in the same place. Also, you could have each calc keep only it's own section of map in memory, and just transmit the coordinates and velocity of the projectile as it leaves the screen between calcs, allowing you to make your maps as long as you want assuming you have enough calcs(shots above the screen could be tracked with an arrow and a height label).
Mmm, good points. It already does tracking above the screen with an arrow, by the way. This sounds like a good feature for v2.0, along with different weapons.
On the note of sending programs, why not allow the gCn client to do it? I mean you are already talking through it's link port, and it's fairly well documented.
graphmastur wrote:
On the note of sending programs, why not allow the gCn client to do it? I mean you are already talking through it's link port, and it's fairly well documented.
And indeed, that will be a later program after Obliterate and the Direct USB bridge.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours