Wow Kerm, that seems like a hell lot of work. if you need me for anything to help with that ,do tell Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
Wow Kerm, that seems like a hell lot of work. if you need me for anything to help with that ,do tell Very Happy
Thanks, I'll see if there's anything with which I can request help. At this point, I'll probably have to just work through it all myself. Oh, and I also need to of course write the PC-side USB stuff.
when do you think will it be finished for linux (direct usb link)?
Sorunome wrote:
when do you think will it be finished for linux (direct usb link)?
Hopefully in a few weeks. I've been waiting to start on the Direct USB project until I finish Obliterate, and I've been very busy with my research work these days.
cool! can't wait!
Sorunome wrote:
cool! can't wait!
Thanks, I am very happy to have so many people excited about the project. I'll just need to hope that I can satisfy them all with the result. Smile
I have a question to the bridge: dos it have to be connected to a pc while using GCN?
Sorunome wrote:
I have a question to the bridge: dos it have to be connected to a pc while using GCN?
Yes, I believe so. The PC is what provides the actual connection to the internet.
Wouldn't it work also with a LAN connection?
The calculator doesn't have an Ethernet interface. It could communicate through USB with a board that has one, but then it wouldn't exactly make for cheap direct bridge Smile
(I may have misunderstood your post)
Sorunome wrote:
Wouldn't it work also with a LAN connection?

as long as you have connection to the internet and the proper tools, arduino, the program needed to run this, etc. it will work
I wanted to ask with my post if the bridge has LAN, so you can go online while youre pc is off.
Sorunome wrote:
I wanted to ask with my post if the bridge has LAN, so you can go online while youre pc is off.
No, you need a PC that is running a gCn client in order to connect to gCn.
The base Arduino board doesn't have an Ethernet connection. The Ethernet Shield provides one, but it's ~$50...
ok, thanks
Sorunome wrote:
As Lionel said, if you added an Ethernet bridge, I could merge the gCn bridge's firmware with the gCnClient's socket communication, but it would be a fairly expensive proposition.
My gCn bridge, based on an Arduino Uno, is now up and running after trimming the jack connector so that it (barely) fits into the port at the required depth Smile

Code:
[09:45:54] <saxjax> (G) *gCn virtual hub 'debrouxl has a new client endpoint 'test'
[09:47:33] <saxjax> (G) *gCn virtual hub 'debrouxl has new calculator 041C9ADAAB  [83+SE running OS 1.18]
[09:49:22] <debrouxl> test
[09:51:27] <broooom> Ohey
[09:56:16] <saxjax> (G) *gCn virtual hub 'debrouxl has new calculator 0A344412B6  [84+SE running OS 2.41]
[10:00:52] <saxjax> (G) *gCn virtual hub 'debrouxl lost a client endpoint 'test'
[10:01:33] <saxjax> (C) *Lionel Debroux has entered the room.
[10:03:45] <saxjax> (G) *gCn virtual hub 'debrouxl lost its final client endpoint 'test' and was destroyed

I haven't either seen the IRC messages in CALCnet Chat!, or been able to post to IRC from the calculator, but it can just be operator error Smile
Don't forget that virtual hubs do not communicate with each other, in this case virtual hub 'debrouxl' and virtual hub 'IRCHub'. Join 'IRCHub' if you want to be connected to IRC. Smile
That was it, "operator error" Very Happy
Lionel Debroux wrote:
That was it, "operator error" Very Happy
Hehe, sorry to hear it. Smile
Quote:
[08:50:33] <@gCnIRCHub> **TEST2 entered the room
[08:50:43] <@saxjax> (G) *gCn virtual hub 'IRCHub' has new calculator 041C9ADAAB
[08:51:15] <@gCnIRCHub> [TEST2] ABC
Voila. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours