Cheers, I feel the same. I know at least you, Souvik, Sonlen, and tanner want to test direct USB gCn, and I'd assume that lots of other users will as well.
Of course they would, I think I should bully my friends into helping too (of course, to them it is just playing a game with me)
I can try to give a hand as well Smile
Lionel Debroux wrote:
Superb, thanks Lionel! You're already doing more than enough with your recent forays. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Lionel Debroux wrote:
Superb, thanks Lionel! You're already doing more than enough with your recent forays. Smile

I'd give you a hand as well, but I don't think I can type as well with one. I'll play oblit with you all day, though. Wink
Haha, clever. So last night I got some semblance of progress on AIs! I am very excited about this.
*bump* I can has partial success burger? I suspect they're just using the wrong delta-Y now.

does this programm also have computer enemies? (btw, it is AWSOME!)
Sorunome wrote:
does this programm also have computer enemies? (btw, it is AWSOME!)
Those are indeed the computer enemies that you're watching there. I am the leftmost tank, and the other six are computers.
oh, cool! and how many calcs can you add up by now? and when is a beta release?
Sorunome wrote:
oh, cool! and how many calcs can you add up by now? and when is a beta release?
You can technically add up to trillions of calculators on a CALCnet2.2 network, but Obliterate can only give numbers to 255 calculators at a time, and the screen would get pretty crowded, so let's say a max of around ten players for the sake of sanity. A beta release will be here hopefully tonight or tomorrow, whenever I can iron out the last inconsistencies in the AI aiming routines.
cool! i'll download tomorrow, even thought i have no i/o cable yet!
Sorunome wrote:
cool! i'll download tomorrow, even thought i have no i/o cable yet!
You mean you have no way to get programs onto your calculator? Or that you have no gCn bridge?
i have the usb cable, but not the one needed for calcnet
Sorunome wrote:
i have the usb cable, but not the one needed for calcnet
Well, if I can get direct USB working, you won't need one.
cool! what is quicker: i/o or usb?
Sorunome wrote:
Quicker in terms of data transfer speeds? Chances are they'll be more or less the same.
ok, i see
KermMartian wrote:
Sorunome wrote:
Quicker in terms of data transfer speeds? Chances are they'll be more or less the same.

Yeah, I think Kerm is going to control the speeds so that they both run the same
Well, CALCnet2.2 over I/O already goes as fast as the protocol and its correctness and delivery guarantees allow, and I'm hoping USB will go at least as fast. I don't expect USB to be that much faster.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours