Sorry for all the posts. Confused All of them.
Mario in all basic. Mario sprite and movement have been installed, plus one level almost complete. Sprite is full size of course, and looks great. Of course this game describes itself.

This is the first world in this Mario game and it may be the only one, I do not know yet.

This is one of the mario sprite that I will be using.

Unamed in all basic. I have already installed onscreen fighting routine, life detection, and bullet count detector. If you put away you gun you can punch and hit the enemy when you run out of bullets. The enemy on screen balls up and shoots porcupine needles.

I am not sure if I should try to finish one of these or start something else. I need some input on these games. They are both in the beggining stage of development. I want to make something for the TI Basic 83+_category that shows how good games can get in basic.

If you think either of these choices would demenstrate this let me know. Maybe something else would be better? I have found a way that I can make The LEGEND OF ZELDA in basic too. It would take me a while to make the world, but I can get it to function with good speed, and with most of the original screen shots. Screen shot example

I could use different screens that look close to the real game. That is always a favorite. I just do not know how much of it will fit into a made for basic game. I am pretty sure I could fit at least fifty screens with room for excellent game play. I have more ideas, I just do not know which one that I want to complete first, and because it takes so long to program a good game sometimes, it gets hard to stick with it without motivation.
This sounds like a good idea, and I'd definitely like to see some examples of this in action. I'm having difficulty finding anything resembling a question in that post, though, so I don't know quite what to say.. Wink
Would like to see some form of sprite sheets on the mario game, sounds interesting!
tifreak8x wrote:
Would like to see some form of sprite sheets on the mario game, sounds interesting!
Same here. Smile Good luck on these projects! I don't think there was a lack of interest in your first project though, to be honest; I think people were just eagerly awaiting more updates and news from you.
I must admit, for basic this is excellent imo. I am assuming you are not using any libraries, right?

Just be sure that your mario game is ACTUALLY mario stomping on his enemies, like a mario game, not a block that goes down stuff with bad controls
qazz42 wrote:
I must admit, for basic this is excellent imo. I am assuming you are not using any libraries, right?

Just be sure that your mario game is ACTUALLY mario stomping on his enemies, like a mario game, not a block that goes down stuff with bad controls
As Qazz42 correctly stated, and was correctly subtle about mentioning, there are a lot of very poor BASIC games out there on ticalc.org that call themselves "Mario" and other popular names just to garner unearned downloads. Hopefully your Mario game is indeed a, well, Mario game.
I'd also like to see the sprites, and if you don't mind please put more information about the project. I mean is it going to be exactly the same? The blocks, the power ups, is it similiar to classic Mario like Sma Heald's? Level Editor? And the gun concept, interesting flesh it out please. Don't just put out a little bit. I'm sure the community would be even more interested if you'd just post more description on your project. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Same here. Smile Good luck on these projects! I don't think there was a lack of interest in your first project though, to be honest; I think people were just eagerly awaiting more updates and news from you.

I will send some more info your way on these. I have more games in progress as well, and I would love to show everyone all of them, however, I am and will be limited on how often I can upload new pics and progress reports for the next few months. Maybe I was a little slack about updating information on the last project Kerm. Sad

qazz42 wrote:

Thank you. No, I am not using any libraries. Sometimes I will make a program that is small to carry out commands if asked to do so. They make the executing program run faster. You could call them libraries if you want. Smile More like an extension of the running program, that usually make the program a lot smaller and capable of running at the same speed while allowing you to use multiple actions without the drag.

KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

As Qazz42 correctly stated, and was correctly subtle about mentioning, there are a lot of very poor BASIC games out there on ticalc.org that call themselves "Mario" and other popular names just to garner unearned downloads. Hopefully your Mario game is indeed a, well, Mario game.

I must admit that I am guilty of downloading them, and I did not expect what I opened up. I thought they would be a little better. If I can not make a game work then I rewrite the program. I promise I will never upload garbage. Although, I did recently upload TicTacToe before I downsized it. I should fix that. It's like 3 times too big and I left out a lot of shortcuts that I could have taken, but I did make it quick. I start big and then I change everything. Sometimes it takes a while to change things, but it is easier for me to do it that way because of the way I am programming them. I will try to get time to do that for everyone who might want to download tictactoe.

0rac343 wrote:
I'd also like to see the sprites, and if you don't mind please put more information about the project. I mean is it going to be exactly the same? The blocks, the power ups, is it similiar to classic Mario like Sma Heald's? Level Editor? And the gun concept, interesting flesh it out please. Don't just put out a little bit. I'm sure the community would be even more interested if you'd just post more description on your project. Very Happy

I hope to get those sprites for every one soon. The answer to your questions is yes, sort of. Is in basic of course, but it is going to be very playable. There are blocks, and pipes, and enemies. Defeating koopa is going to be fun. In fact The fight at the end of each level will be at the end of each stage, koopa will await you at the end if the game, and it is pretty close to the real thing. I am working on an idea to make it look a lot better right now, so I will update later.
Umm, please don't multi-post. o.O
I guess I'll fix that :/ Please don't double- and especially not triple-post. If you have more to add, edit your post. Also for things like quote where it gives you a whole new post to work with, just copy and paste what you want into the edit for your first post.

Edit: QUADRUPLE POST Shock
I have decided to start fresh with the mario game. I started to work on the sprite sheet for the game and here it is so far. I only have a few at the moment, but I wanted everyone to know that I plan to go with Mario as my next big project. I am going to make it all in basic just as planned with no libraries or asm, but this time I am going to keep it a little more organized. I am thinking of a level editor, but why not just make a whole game. I am working on an engine that will run the levels, and with the engine it would be possible to edit levels, but I am unsure if I will add one at this time. We will talk about speed after I finish the engine. I do think it is going to be pretty fast though. It should run about 3*the speed of my last (Not the first, so I have been experimenting)mario project. Of course nobody has actually seen it but me so you would not know. I hate to release unfinished projects.

Haha, I know it is not that type of game, I'm just messing with ya Razz

on topic: ooh nice sprites. If I am correct, is that a left over there as a power up? RACCOON?!?!?
qazz42 wrote:
on topic: ooh nice sprites. If I am correct, is that a left over there as a power up? RACCOON?!?!?

Yes it is a racoon. I am trying to imitate sprite sheet from super mario 3. Smile
nice, that would be pretty awesome, send me a beta sometime in the future so I can play before all Razz (Just Joking)
qazz42 wrote:
nice, that would be pretty awesome, send me a beta sometime in the future so I can play before all Razz (Just Joking)

I plan on this taking some time to complete so I probably will not have one ready in the near future(I really want to make some easier 1k - 3k arcade games in between). But, I will definitly announce any release that I have, and I will give some output on the engine and a full sprite list before that.
haha, that's fine, I am in the same position with pse-rpg, although not perhaps as long term....
I think it's a good idea to take your time, make a thorough game, and enjoy yourself while you do so. Smile Best of luck.
KermMartian wrote:
I think it's a good idea to take your time, make a thorough game, and enjoy yourself while you do so. Smile Best of luck.

It will definitely be fun. I always enjoy programming.
This is a pic that has some sprites on it that I plan on using in the game. I just hope the memory holds up to the end of this project. After the sprites are in place the levels will consist of simple numbers for each full screen, so, I as long as I can reach that point before I run out I should be fine. Will Doors open the first program archived even if the memory has been depleted?
What would you say to graphics like this in an all basic no library game? I know your probably thinking that the speed will cause an issue. I am working on the engine so we will find out, but I think it will be fine.

Wow, that looks awesome, especially considering it's a pure BASIC game. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours