Sometimes I'm not so sure.

The other engineer I work with is probably 6'3"ish, so we can add him. My bosses are both taller than him, as well.
6'11"
6'2
Dontar wrote:
6'11"
You're either 5'11" or you're trolling us. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Dontar wrote:
6'11"
You're either 5'11" or you're trolling us. Smile

Or maybe he is European and doesn't know anything about that weird measure system Razz
That's possible, but with my experience with Dontar, I don't think that's likely. Wink
I am 5' 7" or 170.18 cm.
6'1" / 185 cm
Yup, I'm seeing a definite pattern of tallness and intelligence, considering that Wikipedia says the average American over the age of 20 is 5'4".
Cool, I'm about the same height as Merth. 5'9" / 176 cm.

I'll have to whip up a 'relative scale' chart of forum members later, I think.
The Tari wrote:
Cool, I'm about the same height as Merth. 5'9" / 176 cm.

I'll have to whip up a 'relative scale' chart of forum members later, I think.
I think so! Very Happy I look forward to seeing that.
eh I'm Asian so I'm short. I'm 5' 6'' / 167 cm /1.67 metres
KermMartian wrote:
Yup, I'm seeing a definite pattern of tallness and intelligence, considering that Wikipedia says the average American over the age of 20 is 5'4".
We're mostly men here, though, so let's use the 5'10" figure.
merthsoft wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
We're mostly men here, though, so let's use the 5'10" figure.
Even so, I think the figures quoted thus far average over 5'10". Smile 0rac343, aww, sorry to hear it, but no need to be ashamed. Some of my best friends are short. Very Happy
I agree that the average is above 5'10", but I still think we should use that one so as to not skew the perception. I also think you're still using membership of this site as an explicit indicator of intelligence, which I'd still argue with Wink
merthsoft wrote:
I agree that the average is above 5'10", but I still think we should use that one so as to not skew the perception. I also think you're still using membership of this site as an explicit indicator of intelligence, which I'd still argue with Wink
I'm suggesting that those approaching programming or hardware are of above-average intelligence, and that Cemetech caters to and fosters those with such interests, so that there would be a correlation between being a Cemetech member and being of above-average intelligence. Suggesting a more immediate correlation between calculator programming and height seems a bit farfetched to me.
I suggest that your idea that those approaching programming or hardware are of above-average intelligence is biased.

Edit: added line for average US adult male.
I be 6'5" ish if you care to add me, also lol at nikky.
ah well, I am only 14, so that does not bother me Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours