Thanks for your time, _player and KermMartian.

However, neither removing the link cable, leaving the lines high when exiting or turning the pullup resistors on as in KermMartian's code works.

I made a larger program to change the lines on the fly from the calculator:

Code:

.nolist
#include "ti83plus.inc"
#define    ProgStart    $9D95
.list
.org    ProgStart - 2
.db    t2ByteTok, tAsmCmp
main:
;   ld a, %10000000
;   out (8), a
   b_call(_GetCSC)
   cp skClear
   jp z, exit
   cp sk0
   jp z, pressed0
   cp sk1
   jp z, pressed1
   cp sk2
   jp z, pressed2
   cp sk3
   jp z, pressed3
   jp main
pressed0:
   ld a, $D0
   out (0), a
   ld hl, strpress0
   b_call(_PutS)
   b_call(_NewLine)
   jp main
pressed1:
   ld a, $D1
   out (0), a
   ld hl, strpress1
   b_call(_PutS)
   b_call(_NewLine)
   jp main
pressed2:
   ld a, $D2
   out (0), a
   ld hl, strpress2
   b_call(_PutS)
   b_call(_NewLine)
   jp main
pressed3:
   ld a, $D3
   out (0), a
   ld hl, strpress3
   b_call(_PutS)
   b_call(_NewLine)
   jp main
exit:
   ret
strpress0:
.db "red 1 white 1",0
strpress1:
.db "red 0 white 1",0
strpress2:
.db "red 1 white 0",0
strpress3:
.db "red 0 white 0",0
.end
.end

and testing it with the arduino sketch I posted:
if I press 0 on the calculator, the output on the arduino's serial monitor is "red is 1 and white is 0" infinitely. if I press Clear in this situation, the calculator will return to the main prompt normally, without freezing
if I press 1, 2 or 3 the output on the serial is something like
Quote:
red is 1 and white is 1
red is 0 and white is 0
red is 1 and white is 0
red is 0 and white is 1
red is 0 and white is 0
red is 1 and white is 0
red is 1 and white is 1
red is 0 and white is 0
red is 0 and white is 0
red is 1 and white is 1
red is 0 and white is 1
red is 0 and white is 0
red is 1 and white is 0
(a lot of apparently random 1s and 0s follow)

and if I press Clear, it will return to the prompt, the cursor will show but without blinking, and the calculator becomes slow.

With the pullup resistors on, whatever key I press, the arduino output is always "red is 1 and white is 1". Exiting after pressing 0 doesn't hang the calc, but after pressing 1,2 or 3 does, just like above.

Is the random output the result of the calculator trying to proceed with the protocol? If so, then why does setting the link port to $D3 or 3 (setting both wires low, right?) also output random values?
Wasn't the command "out (0), a" supposed to hold the wire in the state I set it to? Probably something here doesn't work as I think it does :\
Well, what you're doing is more or less correct, from the code you have there. I would try turning interrupts off when you start and back on when you exit, but I'm not sure if that will do the trick. Just to double-check, you're connecting to pins 4 and 7, and connecting ground to ground, right?
Yep, I'm connecting the tip/red to digital pin 4, white/ring to digital 7 and ground to ground.

I already tried disabling the interrupts with di on start and ei on exit, something like:

Code:
main:
di
(...)

exit:
ei
ret

but nothing seemed to behave differently

I also did that in combination with disabling the link assist (after disabling the interrupts), and nothing happened.
That's quite fristrating; in my MobileTunes 3 music-playing program, which creates tones by quickly toggling link port lines, I just do a simple di before I start manipulating the lines, and nothing bad happens. Sad May I ask if anything changes if you run your program with Doors CS installed, either from Doors CS or via HomeRun, instead of using the TI-OS?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours