When i try to connect i get this error, not on just one computer but on seval, on different networks even.

Here:

Warning: require_once(/home/omnimaga/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/omnimaga/public_html/index.php on line 54

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/omnimaga/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/omnimaga/public_html/index.php on line 54
Omnimaga has been down for about three hours. Check the IRC logs (starting at 1:30): http://netham45.org/irc/EfNet/view.php?log=omnimaga.20110211

I'm not completely sure what happened, but it seems like this isn't random downtime or a mistake.

EDIT: Omnimaga is up again, but some stuff seems to be missing.
Hmm, I'm curious as to why Omni has their web server stuff in /home/omnimaga/public_html/ instead of the traditional /var/www/
Souvik, when you used shared hosting, each user's public_html is within their home directory. That's actually more common than the single-folder /var/www/ for a dedicated webserver, in my experience.

Quote:
[01:49:57] <@DJ_Omni> Omni is gone
[01:50:05] <@DJ_Omni> if you want explanation, ask Runer112
Who cares?

(But yes, /var/www/ is not that widely used these days)
JosJuice wrote:
Omnimaga has been down for about three hours.

Only a few posts and files. DJ made a very recent backup. But you're right, it wasn't random or a mistake.
Rise up! Create a new site free of interruptions and drama! Take a clue from your Egyptian brothers.

Imagine being able to code in peace without downtimes, drama, and animated gifs...
Er, what? Screenies are a bad thing?
allynfolksjr is somewhat trolling, as often Wink
He doesn't mean screenshots.
KermMartian wrote:
Souvik, when you used shared hosting, each user's public_html is within their home directory. That's actually more common than the single-folder /var/www/ for a dedicated webserver, in my experience.

Quote:
[01:49:57] <@DJ_Omni> Omni is gone
[01:50:05] <@DJ_Omni> if you want explanation, ask Runer112

Ah, ok. I didn't know Omni uses shared hosting. >_<
Lionel Debroux wrote:
allynfolksjr is somewhat trolling, as often Wink

Yeah, I know. I'm just too optimistic in hoping that he's merely uninformed rather than whatever he is.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
JosJuice wrote:

Only a few posts and files. DJ made a very recent backup. But you're right, it wasn't random or a mistake.
Actually, rcfreak0, who is the one who pays for the hosting, made the 2.7GB backup yesterday (and made me glad that Cemetech is closer to 1.0GB thanks to not allowing forum attachments). It's probably thanks to his efforts that not much was lost.
Well, it seems to be back up. woo... :/
isn't life just like some nectar in a sieve?
KermMartian wrote:
Qwerty.55 wrote:
JosJuice wrote:

Actually, rcfreak0, who is the one who pays for the hosting, made the 2.7GB backup yesterday (and made me glad that Cemetech is closer to 1.0GB thanks to not allowing forum attachments). It's probably thanks to his efforts that not much was lost.

I stand corrected Smile
Not at all, your point was clear enough. Smile You mentioned concerns about possible data loss if either forum does go down due to accidental or intentional data loss, so feel free to mirror topics here there and there here if you feel it would help.
It's a good idea to cross-post your projects across different TI communities. You never know when one might have downtime or server failures. It would suck to lose all your project details.
Zera wrote:
It's a good idea to cross-post your projects across different TI communities. You never know when one might have downtime or server failures. It would suck to lose all your project details.
Definitely agreed. Smile That's the same logic that makes me have four or five copies of my laptop across different local and remote drives with a maximum age of about 24 hours.
Four or five? I just keep two back-ups. People tell me that's excessive. Razz
Zera wrote:
Four or five? I just keep two back-ups. People tell me that's excessive. Razz
Every evening, my laptop backs up to my home desktop at 10pm, and every weekday afternoon at 1pm, my laptop backs up to my office desktop (both chosen to maximize the chance that the backup will be over a LAN). In the evenings at midnight, my home desktop copies its backup to one or two of its other drives. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours