I was trying to convert the original pokemon song into an mt3 and it worked. It showed me the program but i don't know what to do with it. There isn't even a file to click on to download it. All i can do is edit the program. What do i do to convert it into an asm program and send it to my calculator?

Sorry if this is really obvious, i am just a beginner in the calculator world. Smile
I think you can send it to the calc.
It doesn't give me the file though. It just gives me the code for it. I don't know what i am supposed to do with the code.
You have to compile it with the DoorsCS SDK.
Here is a link:
http://www.cemetech.net/news.php?year=2010&month=8&id=403

Then you can send the compiled ASM program to your calc and play it with MobileTunes.
appu1232 wrote:
It doesn't give me the file though. It just gives me the code for it. I don't know what i am supposed to do with the code.
Welcome to Cemetech! It's great to have you with us; you should Introduce Yourself in the appropriate topic. Smile The source code that the mobileTunes converter gives you is z80 assembly source that you can assemble into a .8xp program. The short answer is to use the Doors CS SDK, which you can download here:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/341/34192.html

You can also find some more detailed instructions in these threads:

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=124648#124648
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4896

Edit: Thanks Souvik! You ninja'd me. Smile
Okay, I downloaded the Doors CS SDK file and unzipped it. Then I was really confused on what to do next. Confused Sad I looked at the guide but couldn't find anything on how to actually take the source code and convert it using the Doors CS SDK application. Could you tell me exactly what to do after I get the code? Do i copy and paste it somewhere? What application in SDK do I use to convert it? Question

Sorry for all the questions, I don't mean to waste your time or anything. Oh, and yes I was planning on introducing myself there but just don't have the time right now. Maybe sometime this week. Thanks. Very Happy
It's not a waste of time; it's what we're here for, within reason. Smile When it doubt, take a gander at the 132-page PDF guide, which explains how to use the SDK. Also read this post that I had linked to in my previous post. For convenience, here it is again:

1) Make sure you have Python on the computer. If not, install it.
2) Save the source file as (for example) blah.asm in the /asm/source directory of the unzipped SDK
3) Open a terminal and navigate to the /asm/ directory
4) Type "compile blah" without the quotes, where blah corresponds to blah.asm. If it was mysong.asm, then you type "compile mysong"
5) If there are no errors, then blah.8xp (or mysong.8xp, etc) will appear in the /asm/exec direcyory.
Ok, cool thanks. I have one more thing but it's not a question.

Something that you might want to check out that i found on youtube. It's like mobile tunes but the sound is really good...or it's fake. Don't know for sure but here it is:

Possibly fake, although there is a program called RealSound that can play decent-quality WAV files on the calculator. The problem is that about 30 seconds of audio takes your entire Flash, which is why I tend to think this is fake. Let me know how the assembling goes.
KermMartian wrote:

2) Save the source file as (for example) blah.asm in the /asm/source directory of the unzipped SDK

That's the problem. There is no file to save. It just shows the code but nothing to download or save.
Copy and paste the code into a text editor (Notepad, gedit...) then save it as a .asm file in the souce directory.
souvik1997 wrote:
Copy and paste the code into a text editor (Notepad, gedit...) then save it as a .asm file in the souce directory.
Exactly this. My personal favorite is Notepad++, but Notepad or Wordpad or gEdit or gvim would work equally well.
When i am at the terminal, i type in compile Pokemon but it says compile isn't a command Confused
appu1232 wrote:
When i am at the terminal, i type in compile Pokemon but it says compile isn't a command Confused
Make sure that you navigated to the /asm/ folder before trying to use the compile command. "dir" and "cd [folder]" and "cd .." should help you with that.
Ok, thanks that worked. Smile

Sorry for not replying on the topic for so long. I've been too busy to try it out.

Thanks again.
appu1232 wrote:
Ok, thanks that worked. Smile

Sorry for not replying on the topic for so long. I've been too busy to try it out.

Thanks again.
That's great to hear; I'm very happy that it worked for you. Smile I hope that you'll share sme of the songs and such that you create.
It's not possible to convert in 8xp file directly ? That's could be very usefull...
kindermoumoute wrote:
It's not possible to convert in 8xp file directly ? That's could be very usefull...
It's possible, but I've never actually done so for some reason. If people want it, it shouldn't take more than an hour or two of my time (famous last words). Razz
Personnaly, I want it. Smile
kindermoumoute wrote:
Personnaly, I want it. Smile
Well, that's one vote in the right direction. Qazz, if you happen to see this, I know you like using the converter; would this addition to the tool help you?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours