And the winner is! not the steelers.
Thanks comic. Smile I posted some comments similar to the suppositions in this topic, and others that spoke of my enthusiasm about The Big Game and how much I hoped that My Team would triumph over The Other Team. Also how dumb the fans of The Other Team are.
Aww, the Steelers lost. Sad
Woohoo Packers won! (Although I would rather have prefered that it is the Patriots.)

I prefer hockey, though.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Woohoo Packers won! (Although I would rather have prefered that it is the Patriots.)

I prefer hockey, though.
I was rooting for the Ravens, but they lost against the Steelers. From my little rule (an enemy of an enemy is a friend), I rooted for the Packers and they won. Wink They deserve to win too - they came a looonng way.

And of course Canadians would prefer hockey! Wink I assume you heard about the Washington Capitals?
Of course Very Happy, but it's not my favorite team. My favorite hockey team used to be the Quebec Nordiques and Winnipeg Jets, then the Colorado Avalanche until Joe Sakic retired, then I somehow went with the Red Wings, even though they're Avalanche's biggest rivals. I kinda like the Nashville Predators too.

I kinda liked the Ottawa Senators and New York Islanders too, but their owner just can't pull a decent team together.

The teams I hate the most in order are Phoenix Coyotes, Atlanta Trashers, NY Rangers, Phidalelphia Flyers, New Jersey Devils and Montreal Canadiens (the latter is a given, considering the rivalry with the Nordiques. This video speaks for itself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYnfRDwhaLM ).
haha!! Greenbay wins! (YAY!)
President Obama is reportedly relieved he won't have to invite Ben Rothesberger into the White House...
Im telling you, If Green Bay hadn't have intercepted the ball as much as they did, things would be different. It's Ben's fault. Im pretty sure his mind was elsewhere.
adamac15 wrote:
Im telling you, If Green Bay hadn't have intercepted the ball as much as they did, things would be different. It's Ben's fault. Im pretty sure his mind was elsewhere.

I don't think I want to know where his mind was...
Yay, no riots, as was (sort of) expected!
adept wrote:
haha!! Greenbay wins! (YAY!)

THIS, FTW. The Jets are avenged!
rthprog wrote:
Who expected riots? Shock That's a bit out of control. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
rthprog wrote:
Who expected riots? Shock That's a bit out of control. Sad

They expect riots all the time. When the eagles where in the super bowl a couple of years ago, they took count of everyone in Philadelphia, and increased police enforcement by a lot.
When Montreal Canadiens win a playoff serie it sometimes turns into a riot. I can't imagine what would happen if they actually won the cup. Shock

In Chicago last year there was a huge street celebration when the Blackhawks won it, but I don't think there were any riots (by riot I really mean people causing trouble such as breaking windows and burning police cars)
Wow, that's pretty crazy. With the amount of alcohol I saw people in the supermarket buying yesterday evening, though, I guess I'm not terribly surprised.
^This. But one issue is that it's usually a group of 10-20 people that causes trouble, giving a bad image to everyone who just celebrated peacefully in the streets. Often, the rioters don't even care about sports.
KermMartian wrote:
Wow, that's pretty crazy. With the amount of alcohol I saw people in the supermarket buying yesterday evening, though, I guess I'm not terribly surprised.

http://s607.photobucket.com/albums/tt153/reddyenumber4/Pittsburgh%20Riot/?action=view&current=Fire3.mp4

^^ last time around. That video was shot down the street from my dorm. Just google/youtube "pittsburgh super bowl riot" for all the craziness.
I would expect riots considering that at my High School there was a match (basketball) against a rival school...

kid got arrested

no alcohol whatsoever

'nuff said
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Go football!
Yay football! I made sure to post sarcastic messages in response to several Facebook "friends" who apparently care about the sport.
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours