More than one news editor might be a good idea to split tasks, especially during busy periods of the year, both release and school-wise.

Also I agree that it might be best that the news editor isn't staff on another website at the same time, so he can commit enough time to ticalc.org, not to mention that if there's a rush of notable releases on his website some people may think that he favors news about programs from his website over others.

No matter what, it takes a news editor with enough time to scout forums/websites for news. I remember suggesting some programs for a feature before and some took several weeks to get featured. It would also be better if it was a neutral news editor, with no bias against a programmer, a group in particular or even jealousy due to the program competing against one of his own. *points to xLIB APP in 2005*
Hmm, so I know Souvik is applying (AND has a chance in hell of getting thw job imo), who else is participating?
Winning? It's not a competition.
As far as what Kevin was saying, I know a certain news editor was rumored to have something of an anti-Kerm bias (whether justified or not is not my place to judge), but that's why it's nice to have more than one editor. I'm under the impression that many of the staff are under unfortunate free-time constraints recently, hence the backlog of programs and (probably) suggestions, which is perhaps why this ticalc.org article was written? Smile And nikky is right; I think we all win if a good person/people is/are chosen.
Yeah, everyone seems to be busy, and I at least (don't know about the others) am hoping at some point to work on some other areas of the site and want to be able to spend enough time there, hence we decided the time has come to find one or more extra members to offload news stuff to. Smile
Travis wrote:
Yeah, everyone seems to be busy, and I at least (don't know about the others) am hoping at some point to work on some other areas of the site and want to be able to spend enough time there, hence we decided the time has come to find one or more extra members to offload news stuff to. Smile
Excellent, that's what I like to hear! Thanks for the explanation.
I also have an anti-Kerm bias. Hate that guy.
allynfolksjr wrote:

Cause he's a tard muffin, right? Razz
allynfolksjr wrote:
I thought this was more or less implied at this point. Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours