souvik1997 wrote:
Buckeye, could you add a new feature that connects the emulated calculator to gCn?
That would be so amazing. I would be more than happy to assist with this in any way. One thing that Sonlen and geekboy have been experimenting with is some way to connect an Arduino emulator to my gcnclient applications. If they succeed, the remaining problem will be trying to connect such an emulator to WabbitEmu, which honestly sounds like a pretty tall order.
New version is up. The long promised forever forgotten ability to remap the emulator keys has been added
http://wabbit.codeplex.com/releases/view/44625
BuckeyeDude wrote:
New version is up. The long promised forever forgotten ability to remap the emulator keys has been added
http://wabbit.codeplex.com/releases/view/44625
Huzzah! Any word on multiple calculator stability, multi-calculator linking, or multi-calculator screenshots? Smile
Hopefully, not really, and yes
BuckeyeDude wrote:
Hopefully, not really, and yes
Fair enough, I can live with that. Smile What else do you have planned for Wabbit for the near future?
Hopefully some surprises Very Happy
Although to be honest I don't really know. I do like the idea of remote-controlling wabbit with your real calc. If Smartview can do it, I can try to reverse engineer. I'd also like to see if I can extend our market to teachers which surpisingly seems to be growing. I've had a request for a list of keypresses so you can see what keys and stuff happened, which wouldnt be too difficult.

oh and maybe multi-calc linking it if I can finish debugging whatever causes issues with the actual multi-calc part Razz
It's pretty easy to send remote-control silent-linking keypresses via something like Remote8x (or any other craftily-written ASM program); as we were discussing in another topic (specifically Sonlen's topic here), your hardest part would just be capturing those packets and using them. The unhappy thing would be the speed if you tried to send screenshots back.
Yeah theres no way there would be enough time to transfer any sort of usable sceen to the calc, I'd probably just write a quick app to run and output what keys were pressed. The hard part is as you said, actually getting the packets on the computer. I have no clue how TI goes about it (probably through TI Connect :/). It will take some fun looking into Very Happy
BuckeyeDude wrote:
Yeah theres no way there would be enough time to transfer any sort of usable sceen to the calc, I'd probably just write a quick app to run and output what keys were pressed. The hard part is as you said, actually getting the packets on the computer. I have no clue how TI goes about it (probably through TI Connect :/). It will take some fun looking into Very Happy
If you were to use libticables from TiLP, things would be much simplified; I'd be happy to walk you through the byte-level protocol once you had that working. In my experience, libticables is surprisingly straightforward.
Sure. Would it be possible to statically link libticables into wabbit? I'd perfer you not to have to mess around with any dependencies
BuckeyeDude wrote:
Sure. Would it be possible to statically link libticables into wabbit? I'd perfer you not to have to mess around with any dependencies

I personally have no idea, but if you can get that to work, you are a genius(and whoever helps you). Very Happy
Uh oh I got boreded in class....
Indeed, looks like you got bored Smile
Looks cool, if nothing else for debugging WabbitEmu itself in some conditions.

As I wrote on IRC: I don't recommend statically linking libti* in WabbitEmu or anywhere else, because a statically-linked program wouldn't benefit from updates to the shared DLLs performed by newer versions of TILP & TIEmu. But I can't prevent you from trying to do it Smile
(even if you didn't respect the GPL for libti* or WabbitEmu, I could hardly attempt to complain, since I'm barely a copyright holder to the libti* code base)

However, I'd still rather you statically link libti* into WabbitEmu, than redistribute the libti* DLLs within the WabbitEmu folder. This is a no-no, because of the possible interference (due to Windows' stupid DLL cache) with the shared DLLs used by TILP, TIEmu or other libti*-using programs running at the same time as WabbitEmu.
That's one of the root causes of bad interaction between multiple GTK+ runtimes, which has historically been one of the leading causes of redundant support requests for TILP and TIEmu (despite the note in the README). So please don't do that Smile
So Buckeye, any news or progress?
Nope
BuckeyeDude wrote:
Nope
Fair enough, thanks for keeping us in the loop. Smile I trust that you'll let us know when you make some progress on Wabbit-related things.
Yep, it seems that wabbitemu is working just fine from the user end of things.... I have no complaints for you. Very Happy
Some quick updates on stuff.
1. I'm back working on Wabbitcode, trying to remove all the last bugs and polish it up so that it works how you expect and not how my mind thinks.
What is Wabbitcode? Its the IDE I've written to facilitate Z80 dev work. Its main appeal would be its great intergration with SPASM and Wabbitemu, allowing you to assemble a project and then debug it at the source level. If you've ever worked with anything like eclipse or visual studio you know how nice this is. It also has useful little bells and whistles such as syntax highlighting and project management.

2. If you have your own project that uses Wabbitemu and you'd like to make use of its Z80 core and hardware support you're in luck. I've made it super easy to use the COM interface. What does this mean exactly? You can programatically control Wabbitemu. Great if you want to have a bit more control of Wabbit other than just launching and sending keypresses. (For you axe users out there you could create a program to send a file to the calc, compile it and extract the compiled file).

Thoughts?
EXTRACT THE COMPILED FILE?

EXTRACT IT???????????????????????

REALLY???? EPIC.

Epic.

Seriously, epic, awesome, can't wait.

We really have to add that in wxwabbit too Razz
That's awesome! I'll have to put together a secondary batch file for the Doors CS SDK that lets it launch WabbitEmu and load DCS and the file created to allow for easier testing.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 13 of 15
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours