That speed actually is pretty consistent with America's crappy network compared to where I came from (Taiwan) Very Happy. Not saying thats bad, but its decently fast.
ah, good to hear then.... I guess... Razz
heheheh :DDD
At dad's house:
My desktop:
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, because that's from Google to Google. Razz I would hope they have a gigabit LAN. Razz Why is your ping so high?

Uh, no it isn't. Google doesn't have any speedtest.net servers afaik, and I think you missed the part where I was hitting Las Vegas - 400 miles away. 25ms for that is damn quick.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, because that's from Google to Google. Razz I would hope they have a gigabit LAN. Razz Why is your ping so high?

Uh, no it isn't. Google doesn't have any speedtest.net servers afaik, and I think you missed the part where I was hitting Las Vegas - 400 miles away. 25ms for that is damn quick.
So I did. Well, I can still groan and mutter at your Google affiliations and the perks thereof.
Lucas W wrote:

O SNAP....

Pokemon battle!

ahh... back to the poke center Sad
Lucas W wrote:
Wow, that is frighteningly asymmetrical. Shock
Trolololol, it's a huge bug I have when I speedtest.net on chrome. It starts, stays on 0 for a few seconds the shoots up to some high number before going to a more reasonable number and because it use the highest number and not average that image is produced.
lol!

Lucas W wrote:
0x5!

Wow, that's pretty crazy. Smile
So. I preformed some Speed Tests before I changed my internet configuration, Wired (via internet wall plugs) to an updated wireless router location, utilizing those wall plugs.

My first result was rather impressive.

So, I decided to go wireless and preform another Speed Test. I wasn't too surprised at the result due to my distance from the router.

I rechecked it again, and got a somewhat better result.

So, I finally moved the router thirty feet, out of a small room and into a large kitchen/tv/social area of the household. Impressive!

Then I noticed, the test server had changed during the first wireless speed tests. So, I preformed a speedtest on the same server. Similar result.

In the end, I think this will resolve my internet connection issues as well as my families. Those Belkin internet wall plugs have helped quite a bit!

At home. Upload speed sucks. Luckily there should be FTTH next year or so.
Sucks?! That's pretty good. What is it typically for the Netherlands(?)?
It typically sucks. I spend all eternity seeding to get a decent ratio.
Average upload speed is 5.6mbps according to speedtest.net
Kllrnohj wrote:

Beat your upload, and ping Razz
Using Googles and Universities is cheating. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours