KermMartian wrote:
(and I also happened to be reading the Wikipedia page on British honours after the term "Fount of Honour" came up).

Sometimes I am sad that the Brits are just so much cooler than us.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
(and I also happened to be reading the Wikipedia page on British honours after the term "Fount of Honour" came up).

Sometimes I am sad that the Brits are just so much cooler than us.
I know, I feel the same way. Sad
Yeah, I mean they DO have J. K. Rowling, which instantly increases their cool level by a thousand
qazz42 wrote:
Yeah, I mean they DO have J. K. Rowling, which instantly increases their cool level by a thousand

Of all the British authors you could have picked you picked her? Razz (Unless I'm missing some heavy sarcasm). See earlier in this thread where I linked to one who a) is a real knight b) made his own sword out of meteoric iron ore he mined himself and c) can write worth a damn.*

qazz42 wrote:

Of all the British authors you could have picked you picked her? Razz (Unless I'm missing some heavy sarcasm). See earlier in this thread where I linked to one who a) is a real knight b) made his own sword out of meteoric iron ore he mined himself and c) can write worth a damn.*

Pff, No sarcasm at all, Harry Potter is the win.
SirCmpwn wrote:
Terry Pratchett is a God of writing

This. Most definitely.
SirCmpwn wrote:
Terry Pratchett is a God of writing, but I also enjoy J.K. Rowling.

Terry Pratchett? Whozzat?
Go look him up. Profit.
I did so, never heard of any of his books at all... ever
Go buy some. I've read about 20, and love every one.
qazz42 wrote:

Judging by your avatar you may enjoy Carpe Jugulum. His writing is satirical and witty (something that hasn't translated too well to the telefilms, alas) and you can start from just about any book in the Discworld series.
benryves wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Of all the British authors you could have picked you picked her? Razz
She writes well, but I wouldn't call it great literature. I would have picked P. G. Wodehouse as one of my favorite (favourite? Razz) examples of great British authorship.
Oooh, satires! I'll be looking that author up Razz
benryves wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Judging by your avatar you may enjoy Carpe Jugulum. His writing is satirical and witty (something that hasn't translated too well to the telefilms, alas) and you can start from just about any book in the Discworld series.

Oooohhhh, non-sparkly vampires. qazz likes Very Happy
So that's why my channel had a bunch of users prefixed with Sir a few days ago? Razz I think I remember I almost confused SirCalc84/SirCalc as SirCmpwn the first day Very Happy
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
So that's why my channel had a bunch of users prefixed with Sir a few days ago? Razz I think I remember I almost confused SirCalc84/SirCalc as SirCmpwn the first day Very Happy
Yup, now you know. Very Happy They were participating in this particular fun little exercise. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours