DShiznit wrote:
I never said it was vital, just that it might be more plausible than you'd initially think if you do it right.

I'd given it considerable thought, usually while splitting wood or engaging in otherwise non-intellectually stimulating labor, and was planning something more or less along the lines of what you are suggesting.
I would certainly enjoy piloting the Cemetech Cruiser through space, although I would understand if it would be impossible with something of that size. Smile
You don't need large carriers and battleships to move much if it isn't feasible, since once they show up they just open fire/deploy fighters while smaller ships fly around between them. It would be awesome though to fly my Star Destroyer around planets.

Which reminds me, any progress removing that damn view distance cap? Large-scale space battles will suck if we can't extend the view distance beyond 2000 meters...
Was this the view-distance problem you were having with your solar system? I don't *think* that will be present in the OSG renderer, but we'll see.
It's an engine limitation on how much you can set the view-distance on the sky object, so unless you go in and remove it, it will probably still be there regardless of your rendering system.
DShiznit wrote:
It's an engine limitation on how much you can set the view-distance on the sky object, so unless you go in and remove it, it will probably still be there regardless of your rendering system.
Perhaps it was there because the engine would do wonky things related to precision for things further away?
DShiznit wrote:

I'll be sure to take a peek at the data validation for skyboxes and see if that can be safely removed.
The TOB's engine has an engine limitation on the internet speed. Could you please delete any internet speed limits on the FB's engine?
SpaceNinja wrote:
The TOB's engine has an engine limitation on the internet speed. Could you please delete any internet speed limits on the FB's engine?

What do you mean by this?
I think he might be referring to download speeds, without realizing that it isn't the engine that's limited, but the upload speed and bandwidth of the host machine.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours