Does this work with existing two-player games as well?
graphmastur wrote:
It does not speak the TI protocol. Actually, that's not true - I'm making it glow orange when it detects a TI protocol transfer in progress, and I've of course written TI-compatible routines, so its possible I may package them in for the hell of it. However, it's mainly intended to be used with CALCnet2.2 games.

Progress-wise, I have a rudimentary server daemon running, ready to keep track of what calculators are on each client connected to each server-side virtual hub, and it's even integrated with SAX. I've made more progress with the client-side program, it connects to the server, but I need to make it tell the server about its calculators (and keep track of them) next.
KermMartian wrote:
graphmastur wrote:
It does not speak the TI protocol. Actually, that's not true - I'm making it glow orange when it detects a TI protocol transfer in progress, and I've of course written TI-compatible routines, so its possible I may package them in for the hell of it. However, it's mainly intended to be used with CALCnet2.2 games.

Progress-wise, I have a rudimentary server daemon running, ready to keep track of what calculators are on each client connected to each server-side virtual hub, and it's even integrated with SAX. I've made more progress with the client-side program, it connects to the server, but I need to make it tell the server about its calculators (and keep track of them) next.

That sounds fun. Good luck with that. I'm actually tracing down usb stuff right now. (Oh, just tell me what I want, log file!)
So gCn will be able to handle TIOS file transfers?

**souvik1997 imagines TI-torrents
souvik1997 wrote:

Oh, that would be interesting. I wish we could make c2i, but I haven't talked to alberthrocks in a bit. But that way, direct usb link = awesome!
souvik1997 wrote:

Oh dear, DoorsWire sounds like the next best product
Qazz42, but I bet you'd get a bunch of viruses Sad
Just to confirm again, this is mostly for **CALCnet** connections; I don't have any current plans to support the TI-OS protocol, although I may at my discretion decide to do so in the future. In the morning: calculator sniffing, serial routines and calculator tracking in the C++ client!
KermMartian wrote:
Just to confirm again, this is mostly for **CALCnet** connections; I don't have any current plans to support the TI-OS protocol, although I may at my discretion decide to do so in the future. In the morning: calculator sniffing, serial routines and calculator tracking in the C++ client!

We know, we are just messing with you Kerm Razz
Hehe, fair enough. Smile I am working on tightening up my Arduino code and my C++ code at the moment for more meaningful and stateful transfer of data from the Arduino side to the computer side, to properly deal with interrupted frames, interrupted serial transmissions, etc.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours