@adept http://tinyurl.com/3yph2my
The HTML/CSS/JS option caught my attention.

@elfprince He should buy used. http://bit.ly/fXJY9v

@SirCmpwn True, but the App Store model also means that small developers have greater exposure than before.

@kllrnohj If you owned an iPt, you would want to write an app for it.
elfprince13 wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
It seems even the method of finding the old versions listed in that thread are no longer correct as far as I could tell, so I would have still needed a direct link to find it

Quote:
But you also could have just gone to Apple Developer Connect, clicked Developer Tools under the Downloads sidebar, and scrolled down the list (which has every version of Xcode from the last six years). OR, you could have just popped in your installation discs which come with every Apple computer, and include a version of Xcode (or Project Builder if you're old school) compatible with that computer.
Did you actually try that because that part of the page has clearly been redesigned and so those directions no longer work, but it is a moot point as you pointed out that X Code is included on the CD's that come with all mac's a fact that I find rather nice I must say.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Yeah, but why would you want to? The only reason anyone willingly codes in Obj-C is to tap into the massive piles of cash that iPhone idiots part with so easily.

Or to make pretty things for OS X. But the point is moot, since his original rant was that he couldn't experiment with the language.

TheStorm wrote:
Did you actually try that because that part of the page has clearly been redesigned and so those directions no longer work

Yes, I did, and they really do. I wrote them based on what I was looking at.

I'd sooner develop for Android, as you can get the entire SDK for free and start writing apps without having to sign or register for anything.

Off Topic- I dig your taste in music elf. "The Game Has Changed" has to be the best song ever, although it's a b!tch getting together the various tweeters and sub-woofers needed to play the entire range of the song.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours