Well, I found this on the Internets:

So here's a version for OS 2.53MP:

The people who are friends with me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter know how much pain and agony 2.53MP has been causing me since I started working on Doors CS 7, so I can heartily agree with this. Sad
I <3 2.53MP, and that is no troll.
merthsoft wrote:
I <3 2.53MP, and that is no troll.
I know you do, because you've had positive experiences with it as a student. From a developer's perspective, it's an absolute nightmare.
I personally dislike 2.53 MP even for math. I tried using the Y= menu with MathPrint enabled and it's insane how slow it is to select different Y equations...

The graph above explains in overall how it is to develop on OS 2.53 MP and the worst part is that it doesn't only hinder ASM programmers but BASIC programmers as well. An example is how the text flag that causes an additional row of pixels to be erased below most Text() characters to be erased remains turned ON all the time and cannot be turned OFF in the same way we could in TI-BASIC (see TI-BASIC Developer)
In a way hearing all that makes me a bit glad that I don't program any big BASIC projects anymore. Sad It seems unconscionable to me to release a firmware update for your device that breaks about fifteen or twenty years of existing software written for it.
Yeah it would suck if somebody wrote a massive BASIC game using vertical text sprites or an hybrid BASIC game using inverted text on the home screen, then suddenly it stopped working completely due to an OS upgrade...

That said, even in ASM it can be an hassle. See how xLIB and Omnicalc stopped working properly on 2.53 MP and required patches...
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Yeah it would suck if somebody wrote a massive BASIC game using vertical text sprites or an hybrid BASIC game using inverted text on the home screen, then suddenly it stopped working completely due to an OS upgrade...

That said, even in ASM it can be an hassle. See how xLIB and Omnicalc stopped working properly on 2.53 MP and required patches...
Yup, very unfortunate. Sad Either the OS needs to be patched (BrandonW's solution) or the App in question needs a workaround for TI's ineptitude (my fix).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours